Chapter 11: Twelve More Hours

The next morning, Raine had been woken up to Elijah licking her face and Lucas witnessed it all. He found it hilarious. Raine then wiped her face and got changed.

When she went down to get breakfast, she saw that the box of cereal was empty. Raine then decided to quickly make toast and buttered the bread before walking out of the door.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Lucas asked Raine

She realised she forgot to feed Elijah, so she quickly poured the dog food into his bowl along with a bowl of water. Elijah didn't want that, so he jumped up and grabbed the toast out of Raine's mouth. Raine looked at Lucas and just burst out laughing. They then left the house and went to school.

There was still no sign of Danny, which was a good thing, but there also was no sign of Katelyn. She would also skip school so that wasn't weird. When first lesson started, Raine caught a glimpse of Adam from another room teaching a class. She was daydreaming.

"What is the answer to my question Raine?" The teacher asked suddenly.

"Uh, you didn't ask a question?" Raine replied as a question.

"Pay attention Raine." The teacher said back.

Raine stopped looking at Adam and started to pay more attention in the lesson.

At break time, Katelyn had arrived and had a note in her hand that was addressed to Raine. Katelyn walked over to her and gave her note without saying anything and then Katelyn walked away. Raine was slightly confused but she didn't question it. She then opened the letter. It was only a small piece of paper, not like all the other times.

YOU HAVE TWELVE HOURS LEFT STARTING FROM SIX AM TODAY

Printed by Danny Jones at 5:53 am

Danny had made a huge mistake. There was evidence that this note was sent from Danny. Unless that was part of his plan. Raine then put the paper in her pocket and looked at the time. The time was 11:20 giving Raine only six hours and forty minutes left to figure out what the note means. She then went to find Adam.

Raine eventually found Adam after school finished and showed him the note. He read it twice before giving it back to Raine. He comforted Raine and told her to watch out. She then quickly gave Adam a kiss and ran back after Lucas.

Raine caught up to Lucas but as they looked around the parking lot, they noticed that his car was gone. Lucas had received a message saying that his dad had to borrow it because his broke down. Lucas was confused because he didn't realise that his dad had a key but turns out he did. Raine then went to go ask Adam for a lift back, but he was already gone. Raine and Lucas was going to ring Katelyn, but they thought it would be best not to, so they decided to walk home.