I Must Save You

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Harry Potter or Spartacus or their stories and characters. I only own my story, plot, and any characters I might add.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I hope you guys enjoy the chapter!!

"Talk"

'Thoughts'

Chapter Thirty-One: I Must Save You

Caesar's POV:

"Another villa set upon. What number holds total?"

"Six. In half as many days." I told Crassus as I watched him gaze upon the map before us. "He lays assault with swiftness to rival winged mars."

"Spartacus stands but mortal man," Crassus said looking to me. "I have yet held privilege of one that could span distant ground within a single breath. Only his little vessel has such power." I looked at him.

"You believe the reports false?"

"I believe he lays strategy, to set Pompey to confusion." He said walking around the table as I followed swiftly behind. "Chasing veiled specter of the man himself."

"We were charged with bringing Spartacus to heel not Pompey!" I growled as Crassus paused at another table with another map upon it and began to move the pieces around. "If the Thracian and his vessel slip beyond the mountain burden of defeat shall rest upon our shoulders."

"And those that have given life towards campaign." He said calmly gently petting a mask made from the face of Tiberius.

I glared at it before looking back to Crassus. "There was nothing save cooling embers in the rebel camp where Tiberius met his end," I told him feeling joy at knowing the boy was forever from this world.

When Crassus did not turn towards me I continued. "Forward scouts are yet to have set eyes upon Spartacus, the vessel, and their army."

"See efforts doubled. I would press the Thracian upon field of battle at soonest opportunity." He said turning to me. "And gaze into his eyes as life and hope forever drain from them," he smirked and looked to me once more, "as I release the vessel before him."

I smirked and turned to swiftly carry out Crassus orders in delight.

Spartacus' POV:

I sat the branches down and turned to the person beside me. "Lugo, see it done." Lugo nodded and took place as Gannicus appeared beside me.

"Many times have I marveled at mad scheme sprung from fevered mind." He said as we began to walk through our preparing camp. "Yet the one you now set forth towers above all."

I looked at him. "We have confounded Pompey to the north. Yet Crassus still advances from the south with an overwhelming advantage."

"The final battle is where hope can be found," Harry said walking to up to us. "That battlefield will decide all our fates." I dropped the branches I had been carrying and pulled Harry close as we looked to Gannicus.

"You weave barest tether to the promise of such." He said looking upon me.

"It'll hold long enough for those of us who can't fight to slip easily to the other side of the mountains," Harry answered for me.

Gannicus nodded yet it was a new voice that answered. "I pray it so." We looked to see Agron slowly walking into the tent. "And would lend much-needed aid in giving Crassus fucking pause." He spoke looking between us all.

I smiled at him and released Harry only to unsheathe one of my swords and held it towards Agron. "Grip sword. And have it so." He looked upon it before slowly reaching for the sword.