twenty-four

Once Pansy had gotten over the fact that I was going with Draco to the Yule Ball, she could not stop talking about how excited she was about getting ready for the ball. Usually, Quintzy would help me get ready for the balls the Malfoys threw, but this time, I was stuck with only Pansy.

"You have to wear smoky eye makeup," Pansy said excitedly.

"Don't make me look like a racoon, Parkinson," I warned her.

"Trust me, Lady," she laughed and placed me on her bed.

It took Pansy almost an hour to do a full face of muggle makeup. She refused to use magic or allowed me to open my eyes. I almost fell asleep, but at the last moment, Pansy yelled, "done" and caused me to jump.

"Can I look now?" I sighed, feeling awfully tired.

"Nope," she smirked, "go put on your dress and then you can see the full result."

Obeying reluctantly, I put on my long velvet green evening gown. The dress was more beautiful than I remembered seeing it almost four months ago. The green complimented my pale skin and body shape: A floor-length a-line square neck dress. It bore sheer long-sleeved puff sleeves and a thick shoulder band that had the glimmering tulle the rest of the dress had. Although a little heavy, it was worth it. It hugged my small frame perfectly and made me feel elegant and beautiful, much like Narcissa Malfoy looked for her balls.

"That dress is to die for," Pansy squealed causing Greengrass, Bulstrode, and Davis to turn around and gape at me.

"Where did you get that dress?" Greengrass gasped.

"Narcissa Malfoy gave it to me for last Christmas," I smirked knowing how jealous the three were.

"You look like a Slytherin Princess," Bulstrode said.

"As she should," Pansy scoffed. "Come, Lady, let me do your hair."

Since my hair was still relatively short, barely brushing the neckline off my dress, Pansy placed a curling charm on my hair and pinned the left side behind my ear so it could stay. The soft ringlets brushing down my right shoulder and were light and bouncy.

"Now can I look at myself?" I sighed.

"No," Pansy said quickly, "you need your jewellery and then you can!"

I groaned once more and allowed Pansy to give me long silver earrings and a bundle of bracelets, no necklace as I already wore my Malfoy crest.

"Now," she smirked.

Turning to the full-length mirror, I gasped softly: My pin-straight brown hair was perfectly curled and set, my sea-green eyes popped with the dark eye makeup she placed, and the dress looked like it was perfectly tailored from me.

"Pansy, you did beautifully," I smiled softly.

"Well, I had a lovely model," she teased. "Come on, let's go!"

Pansy was already set, dressed in a ruffled pink dress and placed her brown hair into an elegant twist. She slipped on her heels and I did my usual black flats, leaving the dormitory and down the stairs. Draco and Blaise awaited for us with Crabbe and Goyle.

Draco wore his usual sharp black suit, looking more like his father than ever before, accompanied by a small velvet pocket square that matched my dress while Blaise wore a victorian style dress robe with a high collar. Crabbe and Goyle wore unflattering green dress robes, a different green than mine, making them look like huge moss rocks.

The four boys were in a deep discussion about something unknown to me, not noticing our presence. Pansy didn't like not being gawked over and snapped her fingers in their faces, angrily. They all looked up at us and looked awestruck.