x x v .

"You've got to be more discreet, Marie."

Marie frowned as she laid sprawled amongst a few seats in the first row of Nathaniel's lecture hall. Her backpack was on the floor with her feet kicked up on one of the armrests, completely unbothered and relaxed.

"Hey, I've been careful." Marie stayed behind after class quite often, usually leaving with the other students before taking a fake restroom break and heading back to get on her professor's nerves.

Despite her frequent nosiness, Nathaniel took academic conduct seriously and never indulged Marie in any future test questions or hints on what to study. He was alright with hitting his student raw but drew the line at cheating?

Nathaniel leaned back in his chair at his desk, grinning at Marie's discouraged expression. Seeing the young student's pouty frown in her oversized pullover stirred something in him that had nothing to do with his erection.

The professor shifted the conversation to something more serious. "How are you feeling, Marie?"

Marie paused for a second. She had been through many rough patches in her life, especially her years in high school and living at home. But right now, this was probably the best mental state she had been in for a while.

It wasn't perfect. But she woke up every morning looking forward to something - whether that was talking to a certain psychology professor, getting lunch with Ashly and Caleb, or just spending time alone in her apartment feeling comfortable with who she was. It was a feeling she lacked in the past.

"I feel..." Marie thought about her word choice.

Expressing herself had always been a huge struggle for her. Getting whipped and fucked was fine, but asked about her feelings? Marie hesitated.

"Good?" Nathaniel repeated, with a humorous eyebrow raised.

Marie crossed her arms and huffed. "This isn't my thing."

"Talking about your emotions?"

"Yeah."

Nathaniel slowly responded, not wanting to cross any lines or boundaries. "I know last time, after the conference... it was a lot for you. I want you to know you can always ask for time to think or use your safeword. It isn't only for physical acts, Marie, but for emotional aspects of this relationship too."

Marie's soft look back at her professor exuded gratefulness. He cared after her, as his student and...

Unable to respond in any other way, Marie deflected the situation with humor. "You're going to have to find more creative ways to get me to use my safeword, professor."

Nathaniel's glare sent shivers down Marie's spine as she dipped lower in her chair.

"I'm being serious, Marie."

The slight sharpness in Nathaniel's voice made Marie straighten out. She faltered as she began to truly reflect on her feelings. "I'm okay with the... pace of our relationship. I feel comfortable just seeing where this takes us... while being discreet of course."

Nathaniel nodded. He was immensely grateful for Marie's maturity and self-control. Plenty of students like her had made their attempts at the professor, but there was a reason Marie was different. She was here for reasons beyond just finding her professor attractive - Marie had a genuine curiosity and a deep understanding of her sexual desires.

And for Marie, the professor was everything she wanted and more.

The danger of their relationship always lingered. What was this going to be in a year? Two? After Marie graduated?