Chapter 2

In the morning, you were both awakened by a text from Hotch:

"You have to get in to work as soon as possible, it's bad."

Removing yourself from Spencer's embrace you went to your bedroom to get ready for work. He got his go-bag from his car that he always kept and got ready as well. That man was always prepared.

At work, you tried avoiding Spencer as much as possible. You just felt so exposed and nervous around him. The case didn't help, it was more stressful than ever. The unsub was targeting victims that looked exactly like you, right here in Virginia. The way he tortured them for days before killing them, raping them, beating them and what he did with the bodies. You couldn't imagine a man- a human – did this. The hands were cut off and new ones from his previous victims had been sewed on. Their skin had been carved with unknown numbers and bruises were everywhere. The worst was their eyes. He had ripped off the eyelid of one eye and taken the one eye with him, the other was perfectly intact, even had mascara on it. His victims were all over the map- from low risk to high risk. He appeared to find them in local clubs and then take them to an unknown secondary location. 24 hours later, the bodies were dumped in alleys.

"Agent y/l/n I think it's best if you go undercover, we will have a better chance of catching the unsub if he approaches you first. He will strike again tonight, we need to be ready. We will have agents following you in the area." Hotchner said.

"Will do sir."

It was a few hours later and as you got your disguise ready to be undercover, you felt even more agitated. You remembered of the pills you had in your desk drawer- alprazolam. It was like an itch you needed to scratch, today and yesterday had been rough. You thought a bar wouldn't hurt.

You excused yourself to get something from your desk. Spencer's eyes were on you the entire time, observing your movements from a distance. You were wearing your undercover attire- a sparkly black mini slip dress with a gold choker and heavy eye makeup, thinking it would lure the unsub, as the other victims wore similar outfits. In your handbag, you put in your gun, cellphone and tried to slip in one pill from the many that you had hidden in your drawer that were stashed inside a box of earrings.

"Wow there y/n, looking good babygirl,"

You smiled, and hid the pill in your fist as you talked, "Thanks Morgan, don't let Garcia catch you calling me that, you might get in trouble."

He chuckled and you continued your way to the bathroom. But you were stopped by a hand on your wrist, right above your closed fist.

You turned around and spoke sternly, "Reid, what do you think you are doing?"

"I know what's in your hand y/n. You don't need to do this."

Your eyes flashed with rage, it was neither the time nor the place for this.

"Reid, what the fuck is your problem? Take your hands off of me."

"Fine, then open your fist."

You blinked. Whatever he was attempting to do, was not going to work.

"Fuck off Reid. I'm not going to stand here in order for you to feel better about yourself because you were unable to fix your mom and now you want me to be your new broken play thing. Now if you excuse me, I have a job to do."

You yanked your wrist away from his grasp and pushed the bathroom door with force, its sound echoing in the air. Quickly, you locked yourself in the stall and swallowed the pill. Outside, Spencer was standing speechless, not registering what happened. Hotch came up to him.

"What did you say to her? Reid, this is a delicate operation, she can't have something else on her mind, the possibility of the situation going wrong is high and currently, she's our best shot."

"I- nothing. I swear Hotch I didn't say anything."

"Well it definitely wasn't nothing, she looked like she was about to smash your head in that door. Is there something I should know?"

"No, no. Everything is fine Hotch."

You walked out of the bathroom and instantly felt more relaxed. Your rage had completely gone away, and so did you nerves. Your gaze met Hotch's that was looking at you with worry. You completely ignored Spencer's presence and just focused on the rest of the team standing in the bullpen.

"Y/l/n, is everything okay?"

"Yes sir. I'm ready to go."

"Great, let's start."