Chapter 3

You were inside the club, trying to spot the unsub from the sketch in your memory. You kept fidgeting with your earpiece, there was a lot of static and the club was pretty loud, you couldn't really hear much but you just assumed they would fix it soon.

"He is not here, I am going outside," you said, hoping they would hear you.

While walking to the door you met face first with a tall, muscular, brown-haired man with stubble. He looked like the unsub, and your blood ran cold.

"Hey, what's a pretty girl like you doing alone at a club? You sure you don't want company?"

"Yeah, I think I might," you replied, trying to flirt with him.

He bought you a drink, trying to impress you. You understood why all these girls willingly followed him, he was charming.

"Here, why don't you have a sip?"

Uh-oh. Maybe that's also how he gets them to go with him.

"Sorry, I'm not much of a drinker."

"I insist, wouldn't it be rude to refuse the offer?" he smirked, and stared into my eyes, making me want to arrest him right then and there, but then we would never find the rest of the missing girls.

"If you insist," you took a sip of the drink. Shit. Shit. Shit. Your earpiece stopped working. Not a good idea to mix alcohol with your pills and with whatever else he put inside. Then the thought flashed in your head: you might overdose. No, no you had to stop thinking of that you had a mission to do.

Suddenly, you felt kind of hazy and confused. The man in front of you grabbed you by your waist, and you were sure you would have crescent-shaped bruises there tomorrow. If you even made it until tomorrow. You could barely walk, as he led you through the club door and then into the fire escape. You didn't have your bag with you as you couldn't form a single coherent thought. Maybe the team would find you, but the building's plans didn't show any fire escape like the one you went through. You clinged to that hope as you felt a sudden blow to your head and passed out.