Chapter 23

August 15th 2020, 10 o'clock, GMT + 7, Southeast Asia time zone.

Kim was dead in the real life. Very very dead. It was very very sad.

Way was all alone. Very very alone. But he had moved on and dated a new person. It was unknown if the person was a boy or a girl. But Way's traumas regarding to Kim's death were slowly recovering. Nobody believed Way could just self-harm to deal with traumatic events, and Way surely never coped with hardships that way.

At home, Way turned his laptop on and clicked the icon of the video game Boys' Love Garden Rush. He clicked on the tab 'Play as Lovebird' and picked the character Way, who had the very same appearance as Way himself. Way's real full name was Watit Wongwannakij, and the name as well as the nickname was put on the Lovebird profile of the character gallery.

"Perhaps in this game, I can see Kim." Way thought to himself.

The match on the video game started as Way clicked on the 'Ready' tab.

Now Way was immersed in the game match. His character had three other accompanying Lovebirds: Kim, Tine, Sarawat.

"At least Kim still lives in this game alongside me." Way sighed.

When looking at the Homewrecker appearing on the screen, Way slightly frowned. The Homewrecker was John Haigh, also known as The Corroder, a killer wearing a gas mask and carrying an acid tank with a metal hose attached on it.

Shortly after entering the game, Way worked his way on a flower pot located at a library room in a map based on the school where Way attended. The Corroder stormed in and smacked the hose on his head. Way ran as fast as he could, away from The Corroder's acid spray.

The game progressed. Two of five flower pots bloomed. Then a turning point. The Corroder had downed Tine and Sarawat with his super skills. His level zero skill was acid showering, in which he would spray a stream of acid with the maximum range of 13 meters. His level one skill gained him the ability to throw corrosive flasks at the maximum range of 20 meters and decrease his acid spray reload time from 13 seconds to 9 seconds. His level two skill further increase his ranged attacks (spray, flask throw) to the maximum distance of 23 meters. The Corroder had reached his level two skills.

A moment later. Four of five flower pots bloomed. Way had been chaired twice, Tine and Sarawat were chaired once each, Way wasn't chaired at all. The final flower pot was 98% complete. One last touch left.

And boom!

The siren howled as two exit gates spawned.

The Corroder was in Detention mode lasting 120 seconds. His eyes glowed a fiery red flare, one basic attack from him would knock a Lovebird down from full health to zero health. Tine opened the exit gate, and all four Lovebirds escaped safely from their Homewrecker opponent.

August 15th 2020, 15 o'clock, GMT + 7, Southeast Asia time zone.

Way had moved on with his life after winning the game. He didn't take the victory in the virtual world as a reason to move on, because he already moved on in his heart after mourning for Kim's passing for a day since August 11th. The victory in the game served him nothing aside from a temporary relief. Anyway, Way was a positive believer of good things to come.

Tine and Sarawat were enjoying their time together. They were eating a plate of stir-fried instant noodles together, their eyes affixed upon each other. They poked their chopsticks onto the same plate together, they could never focus on anything else aside from each other's faces. No Homewrecker would ever cut the red thread connecting their hearts, and nobody could.

"Will you marry me?" Sarawat asked Tine.

Tine quickly accepted this offer.

At the very same time, Tharn and Type were having their sweet time together. They were drinking two cups of water together, their eyes looked at each other with cheerfulness. They were deep in thoughts of being together until old age, but their thoughts were positive thinking for a bright future.