Chapter- 47

Days turned to weeks and weeks to months.

Rohit had a major exhibition coming up and he was really busy. He would spend all day in the studio, not even come home for meals. All day Sonakshi would also be at work, but she kept in touch with Veena to send him lunch atleast.

Most evenings Sonakshi would take him food, sometimes feeding him herself while he worked.

'Sona! You behave like a sargent yar! I'll eat later!' He would protest. But she would not hear of it.

Some days that was the only time they would spend together. Sonakshi tried to be as supportive as she could but sometimes he was too stubborn.

One such day, when his deadline was 2 days away, he refused to eat, saying he wasn't hungry. When Sonakshi came home and found out, she got upset. Putting some sandwiches, juice and fruits on a tray, she went to him.

'Rohit! What is this huh?' She went calling out to him.

'Abhi nahin Sona..later!'

'You haven't had anything to eat all day! Aise kaam kaise karoge?' She took the paintbrush from his hands and put it on his palette.

'Kya Sona! Kaisa roab jamati ho? You know I don't like this!' He protested.

'Biwi hun haq to banta hai mera! Chhodo ye brush abhi.. chup chap meri baat maano.. or else face the wrath!' She put the food tray on the table by the sofa, while he went to wash his hands, obeying her.

He came and sat next to her.

'Tum khilao na..' he looked at her like a small child asking for a toy. She smiled and fed him the sandwich. He ate with relish.

'Bhook nahin thi janab ko na?', she said and he made a sheepish face.

A thought struck him.
'Tum ne khaya?'

She motioned a no.

'Pehle kyun nahin bataya?'

'You were too busy to notice!'

'Sorry na Sona!' He fed her a bite.

'Kya sorry?'

'Aajkal tumhe time nahin de raha or tum itna support kar rahi ho mujhe. Thankyou!'

'Thankyou kyun? Formality huh? Rohit Sippy, the great artist ki wife hun..banta hai'.

'Han ofcourse Sonakshi Sippy..the best wife ever.'

Saying this his smile faded.

'Rohit? Kya ho gaya?'

'Sona.. agar mein gussa nahi karta to aaj tum bhi apne promotion.. and better space mein hoti.. Delhi mein..'

Sonakshi was surprised. He still had that tinge of guilt inside him.

She kept the plate aside, and cupped his face, 'Rohit? Yeh kya tha?'

'Sach.' he tried removing her hand but she snapped him.