Chapter- 85

Sonakshi and Veena had reached home. The twins were asleep and Riya was also sitting slumped on the rocking chair. She woke up as soon as Sonakshi came to check.

'Sona? How's jiju?'
Sonakshi hugged her and broke down.
She cried and cried.

'Riya! Mera Rohit! Iss haal mein..'

'Please Sona..calm down. Apne bachon ke liye tumhe himmat karna hogi. Please chup ho ja..'

'Kaise calm down hun? Mera Rohit wahan zindagi or maut se larr raha hai or mein uss ke paas bhi nahin reh sakti. Tu ne dekha nahin na..jaise woh wahan laita hua tha..so many tubes,pipes..behosh..maine kitna pukara lekin us ne aankh nahin kholi..ek dafa nahin bola Sona..' she was sobbing uncontrollably now.

'Sona..bacchay uth jayenge. Woh bohot chotay hain. They will sense it. Himmat rakh, sab theek hojayega.' She kept trying to console her but Sonakshi wouldn't listen.

Sonakshi made atleast 5-6 calls to Ajit. He kept asking her to pray as the surgery was still going on.

Veena had finally dozed off a little and so did Riya, but Sonakshi was up and praying. Her tears wouldn't stop.
What if she lost..? No! No!

How could she even think that? She cursed herself for even getting that thought in her head.

Rohit was her everything! Her life! Her children's father. He couldn't leave her..No! Never!

The clock ticked away...a new day began..without Rohit by her side..

The twins woke up. Sonakshi tried her best to keep herself busy with them.
'Papa! Papa!' called Sanaya and Rayaan followed suit.

'Papa ajayenge! Unki Princess bulayegi to ayenge na. Or unka champ. He will come soon..he will have to..' she began crying.

Sanaya touched her mother's face.
'Mama royi royi? Kissie kissie..'

That's how Rohit would pacify her by kissing her cheeks. Sonakshi's heart was bursting with fear.

Somehow she got them ready and took them downstairs. Their nanny arrived and she gratefully handed them over to her.

Veena and Sonakshi left for the hospital, although Ajit had told them the surgery hadn't ended. It had been going on for almost 6 hours now.
They reached the hospital.
Naren and Ajit were in the waiting area waiting for any news.

'Sonakshi beta! Veena! Tum log kyun agaye? Bola tha na..'

'Naren, yeh Sona nahin maani..to mein bhi..'

'Attendants of Rohit Sippy..' came a voice.

They all rushed out with Sonakshi almost running.
'Sister..mera Rohit..’

'Ma'am! Doctor ne bulaya hai. He will be here shortly,' saying this she left.
It seemed like ages before the doctor came out.

'Dr. Rahul..' Naren came forward.

'Mera beta..'

'Surgery hogayi hai. And successfully..'

'How is Rohit?' Asked Sonakshi, her heart beating like a hammer in her chest.

'It's very difficult to say right now..' Sonakshi stumbled backwards. Veena supported her.

'Actually hum atleast 48 hours tak nahin keh sakte how the patient will react. We have tried our best..baaqi it's upto God. Hope for the best!' Saying this he left.

'Why did he say that? Kuch nahin keh sakte? Kyun nahin keh sakte..' Sonakshi was getting hyper now.

'Calm down Sona!' Veena rubbed her arms.

'Calm down? He said kuch kaha nahin ja sakta? Kya matlab? Yeh nahin bata sakte to kon bataye ga? Mujhe apne Rohit ke paas jaana hai!' Her voice had risen now.

'Who is he to say that? Mera Rohit aisa thori karega mere saath. Apne bachon ke saath. Aap ke saath Mumma! Aap bulayen doctor ko..how can he say that..mujhe Rohit ke paas jaana hai! ROHIT! ROHIT!' She began to scream. Onlookers looked in pity. Veena tried calming her down but she kept screaming.

'ROHIT! ROHIT!' RO..' and she fainted and fell on Veena.

'Sona..Sona!'

They dragged her to a seat but she didn't respond.

Ajit stopped a nurse and told her what happened. A stretcher was brought and Sonakshi was placed on it. She was wheeled into the ER and attended to. Veena was crying badly now.

'Sona! Ek taraf Rohit..or ab tum..hosh mein aao beta..'

Soon Sonakshi came to but her first words were again for Rohit.
'Mumma..mera Rohit!!'

'Inhun ne shayad kuch khaya bhi nahin hai, weakness se behosh hogayin, in ko kuch khila den warna drip..'

'Mujhe na kuch khana hai na drip lagwani hai..bas mujhe mere Rohit ke paas jaana hai!' She was sobbing again.

Ajit brought sandwiches and juice and they all forcibly fed her.
They all sat numb in the waiting area.
'Veena, Sonakshi ko ghar lejao..'

'Mein kahin nahin jaungi..Rohit uthega to mujhe pooche ga..or mein yahan nahin hongi to pareshan hojayega Papa!'

'Sonakshi..please beta..apne aap pe qaboo rakho..'

'Kaise Papa! Mera Rohit..'

'Sab theek hojayega..' he hugged her.
Ajit came.

'Bhabi! Nanny ki call aayi thi. Twins bohot fuss kar rahe hain..'

'Sona beta..tum ghar jao..'

'Nahin! Mein Rohit ko dekhe bina nahin jaungi..' she screamed.

'Ok! Ok! Theek hai! Aap shaant hojao. Mein pooch ke aata hun agar aap ko dekhne den..'

'Please Ajit! Jaldi jao..'

Ajit came back with the news that ICU visiting hours were to start in 15 minutes but only two persons were allowed..one at a time.

Those 15 minutes seemed like eternity. Sonakshi paced the floor. Finally it was time to go in.

Sonakshi's heart beat frantically as she put on sterile  shoes to enter the ICU. She had no idea what she would find.

Still nothing prepared her for the sight in front of her. She almost passed by his bed without recognizing him.
'Ma'am this bed..'

She turned to see Rohit..her Rohit..and she was stunned.

- - -

Vote. Comment. Share.

- Nidakshi