Chapter- 54

The following day Rohit helped by taking an appointment for Sonakshi with the best gynecologist in the city.

He called Sonakshi at work to let her know that he would pick her from work and take her.

Sonakshi was standing outside her office building by the time Rohit arrived.
All the way in the car she was quiet, her nervousness obvious.

'Sona.. don't stress..'

She blinked her eyes as they step out of the car.

As both sat in the waiting area for the doctor, he clasped her hand and assured her with his eyes.

'Mrs. Sonakshi Sippy!'

A nurse called out, 'Dr. Jaya will see you now. Please, this way.'

Rohit and Sonakshi walked across the soft carpet to the doctors cabin.
The doctor's office was spacious and tastefully decorated, not at all like a hospital room. There were plush sofas and a table on one end and a large desk area on another. A doorway led to the examining room and there were potted plants in all corners. Sonakshi took in all this and looked around.

'Mrs. Sippy! Please..' the doctor, who was young and pretty, smiled and motioned Sonakshi to come forward. Her pleasant manner instantly put Sonakshi at ease.

She took a detailed history, even forwarding some questions to Rohit. She then took Sonakshi inside for examination while Rohit sat outside.

'There doesn't seem to be any issues on the front, but I need to get some tests done to make sure,' The doctor told as she and Sonakshi both came back out.

She wrote down some tests and asked her to come back with the results. She smiled and sent them away.

After getting the required blood tests and ultrasound, both returned home.

*

Veena sat listening to both.

'Sonakshi.. kaam karna hai na beta. Aise tensed nahi hote.. dekho khana bhi nahi khaya aaj.. '

Rohit sighed, 'Mom. Meri baat hi nahi sun rahi hai.. '

'Rohit.. Mumma.. mujhe kuch karne ka mann nahi hai.. bhuk bhi nahi lagi.. '

Veena called her and Sonakshi sat beside her.

'Sonakshi.. mujhse pyaar karti ho?'

She nodded.

'To khaogi . Umm, film dekhe saath mein!?'

Rohit smiled when he saw Sonakshi hug Veena with a yes.

'Chalo, phir. Mein movie lagata hu, aap log khane ki tayari karo..'

And somehow Veena indulged Sonakshi in discussing movie which was a comedy.

Sonakshi felt calm , understanding the efforts Rohit and Veena were making for her.

*

The tests were due back in 2 days, but Sonakshi was again anxious whenever she had nothing to do.