Chapter- 89

Blinking his eyes a few times, Rohit finally opened to find Sonakshi greeting him with a wide smile.

'S- Sona..' and within seconds but gently, she held his hand.

'Haan Rohit, am here.'
A smile crept on his lips.

'Kaisa feel kar rahe ho tum?'
He simply blinked his eyes.

'Mumma papa ne sab update diya.. therapy and monitoring.. achha tumhe bhuk lagi hogi na?'

'Hmm..' he said softly.

Since, Rohit was comfortable and felt at ease, he was allowed to have soft diet.
Thus, Sonakshi got Khichdi for the night.

She elevated the bed to a comfortable position and was about to sit in front when she felt a brush of his fingers on her hand.
He eyed for her to sit on the bed, beside him. Sonakshi took the tiffin and made a place close to him, without disturbing anything around.

Taking a spoonful she fed him first.
'Tasty na?' she bit her lip as he chuckled lightly.

'T.. um..'

'Mein bhi khichdi hi khaane wali hu!' she said with a smile.

He knew she wasn't fond of that but still, she was eating to company him.
Alternatively, they ate and finished it.

She took out something else for him.
'Just the way you like, soup.. after meal.'
Sonakshi winked.

He kept staring at her- how she tasted the soup first; it being hot she blew air to cool it down a little.

'Ab perfect hai,' and then started feeding him.

After few sips, he coughed a little, and she immediately reached to him keeping the bowl aside.

'Rohit? Paani chahiye?' she touched his cheek with tensed face.

He gave a nod and drank water. She wiped his lips with a cloth.
'Sorry.. '

Rohit assured her with a smile and signalled her to continue.
She sighed at him.

'Haan, thoda sa hi hai. Mujhe sach mein feeling aa rahi hai ki mere sach mein teen babies hai.. ek dum naughty!'
He smiled and she, more carefully, fed him till the last spoonful.

Keeping the empty tiffin, bowl in the bag, Sonakshi made him drink water and then wiped his mouth clean to again talk to him endlessly.

'Rohit.. kuch bhi aur chahiye to..'
He rolled his eyes for this was the tenth time she was asking him.

'Achha baba.. nahi puchti.. Aaj na din mein Rayaan Sanaya ne poems suni, tried to dance on jingle bell.. and unke papa ko miss kiya..' she pursed her lips..

'You know, mein unhe tumhare voice messages pehle wale aur videos dikhati hu.. I think they know old hai but humesha ek smile hoti hai unke faces pe tumhe dekh kar.. tumhe sun kar..'
Rohit kept listening.

'Bas tum jaldi se ghar aa jao.. story sunna hai dono ko.. masti karna hai! Rayaan kitne din se studio nahi gaya.. haa usne drawing banayi hai tumhare liye.. aur Sanaya madam, papa ki princess all time tumhari chizo se khelti hai!' she chuckled as he smiled.
She was going to continue when her phone rang.

'Ghar se phone hai. Aati hu..'

As she went to talk, there Rohit's mind drifted to deep thoughts- Rayaan and Sanaya, his champ and his Princess. They missed him.
Tears brimmed in the corner of his eyes.. he remembered how his routine was a part of the twins' routine too- From studio sessions to the bedtime story telling, from playing to long funny conversations with them. He was a part until the unforgettable event weeks ago.

All this flashed in his mind at the moment and his hands quivered; he wanted to record a story for them but all his efforts to speak properly were going in vain. He tried to move without struggle, with his eyes shut but he failed in the attempt.

Sonakshi was talking to Veena when she heard his shivering sigh and hurriedly telling a good night, she rushed to Rohit.

'Rohit! Rohit!'
She cupped his face as he had his eyes scrunched.

She rubbed his chest and caressed his hair a little, 'Shh..'

He was breathing a little heavily, 'I will call someone. Wait Rohit..' she was about to leave when he clutched her kurti.

'Rohit, but..' she was panicking.
He slowly shook his head, she stopped moving and Rohit slouched as she cocooned him in her arms.

She let the tears fall while helping him to slow down by moving her hands on his back in soothing circles for few minutes.
As she felt his heartbeats come to normal and his body relax, she supported him to again lay down, not leaving his hand.

'Calm down.. '
Rohit closed his eyes, looking helpless.
'Kya hua Rohit.. kyun stress le rahe ho..'
She rubbed his stubble.

'Dekho mujhe..'
He slowly opened his eyes.

'Meine dekha monitor pe.. pulse rate kitna high ho gaya tha.. '

She heaved a sigh, 'Mat lo stress kisi baat ka.. please.. Actually meine hi shuru kiya.. meri galti hai..'
Rohit parted his lips to say no when she kept her finger on his lips, 'Chup ek dum!'

Lines of anger and concern formed on her forehead.

'Ab koi baate nahi.. it's already late. Tum so jao.. Mein yahin hu.'
She removed the finger from on his lips and moved in his hair, running through them.

Soon, out of tiredness he slept. After she was sure, he did, she let her tears make the down her cheeks..

'Aise kon darata hai, huh.'
She, with concern all over, caressed his face, his shoulder lightly.

'Abhi to thik ho rahe ho..'
As he was lying straight, she bent forward. A pause after, while she kissed his forehead, a drop from her eyes fell on his cheek.
Realising this could wake him up, she brushed her thumb over it.

Taking a seat on the stool, she whispered 'Rohit.. itne din baad saath mein hai.. thodi der.. paas mein.. '

Crying quietly, she lay her head on his chest, making sure not to put weight on him.
Her hand was entwined with his left one.

'Sorry, meine tumhe stress diya Rohit.. sorry.. aisi koi baat nahi kar-karungi ab se.. jisse pain ho.. maaf kiya .. na.. '
His shirt was getting wet with her tears.

'I love you Rohit.'
Pecking his chest, she moved backwards.
Though, there was space to sleep, she made his hand her pillow and closed her eyes to sleep.

- - -

The vulnerability hurts, don't you all agree?

Vote. Comment. Share.

- Nidakshi