Chapter- 88

The news of Rohit coming to consciousness was big. The Sippy household smiled and hugged each other with relief. Sonakshi hugged the twins tightly. They sensed the change in her and became all excited.
Ajit decided to go now to stay at the hospital overnight, now having something to look forward to.
Sonakshi had promised Rohit and so went again the next day.

She was very happy to see him  propped up in the bed, his eyes locked on the entrance. He made to lift his good hand on seeing her.

'Rohit! Mere wait kar rahe thay?' He tried nodding his head. But the dressings and pain hindered.

'Relax! Jaldi theek hojayega! Tumhari surgery hui hai na, bohot zakhmi hue thay tum. God answered our prayers aur dekho, tum theek hojaoge bilkul.' He tightened his hold on her hand.

'Sab tumhe bohot miss kar rahe hain, ab bas jaldi theek hojao,aur ghar chalo. Tumhare bina ghar bohot soona hai.'
She sat there talking to him till it was time to go.

*

Two days later, Rohit was shifted to a HDU (High Dependency Unit), which was a step down from the ICU, exactly a week after his surgery. He was stabilizing, albeit slowly.
Sonakshi couldn't stay at the hospital because of the twins so she visited everyday.
In the HDU, one attendant was allowed to stay so Ajit and Naren took turns. Veena and Sonakshi went to visit during the day.
His physiotherapy and speech therapy had started.
Rohit was finally mobilised out of bed, but only with support.

'Lagta hai bari jaldi hai aap ko ghar jaane ki,' smiled his physiotherapist.

As Rohit made the effort, the doctors were happy with his response.
Within two days of staying in the HDU, he was stable enough to be shifted to a private room.

Everybody was ecstatic. His stitches were removed, a small dressing in place. His arm was healing but would be in a cast for another ten twelve days. His drains and tubes were removed as well.

He was finally shifted to a room. Here more than one person was allowed at the visiting hours and so they came in pairs to visit.
Sonakshi was so happy, she could now sit with him.

Rohit was also more relaxed, despite having difficulty speaking still. At least he could be around his family, around Sonakshi.
Sonakshi surprised Rohit the first day by bringing a video of the twins.

He cried openly on watching their frolics.

'Papa! Kissie kissie!' sang Sanaya.

'Papa! Papa!' Called Rayaan jumping at his place.

He couldn't wait to go home and meet them, his heart full with emotions.

The path to recovery was on it's way...

The following day, start of the weekend, it was decided that Veena and Naren would stay with Rohit since Sonakshi had to be there with kids.

At home-
After preparing the breakfast,
Sonakshi moved to the drawing where Ajit was playing with the twins.

'Ajit, tum jao apna work kar lo, breakfast bhi.. mein hu inke saath..' she smiled and Ajit agreed.

'Mama..' walked Rayaan towards Sonakshi.

'Come bachha.' she called Sanaya also.

'Rayaan, Sanaya.. aapko pata hai Papa ne aapka video dekha. Wo bohot happy hai..'

Hearing papa, the kids cheered up 'Come.. papa..' Rayaan pulled Sonakshi's dress with eyes full of hope.

'Abhi thoda time hai na.. papa aapke liye gifts laane wale hai..'
Sanaya jumped on Sonakshi's lap, 'Mama.. kaani..'
Sonakshi sighed kissing her.

Sanaya was asking about the bedtime story from Rohit. She would always say 'Kaani' for 'Kahani' for 'Story' was difficult for speaking.

'Princess, aaj mein bolungi papa ko wo story sunayenge, jaldi se.. okay?'

'Yaa' and Sanaya giggled while Rayaan looked little dull.

Sonakshi took him close, holding his chin up, 'Champ, kya ho gaya?'

Rayaan pulled her finger, 'Mama.. ye..'
He almost made Sonakshi stand. She left Sanaya carefully as he led her over to the door and pointed to the right.

A pleasant yet unpleasant feeling erupted in her heart seeing him point towards the way to Rohit's studio. She knelt and hugged her boy tightly.

Feeling overwhelmed as he missed their craft sessions and upset that she could do nothing.
'Papa.. kab..aaye..' he asked.

'Thode din Rayaan.. bas.. fir painting karna aap..'
She took him to Sanaya.

'Ab mumma ke saath game kheloge na?'
Both smiled at her to have their happy time. This was the only way Sonakshi could divert their minds.

*

For hours, they indulged in learning another activity and also had their tummy full.
There, in the hospital, the other Mom was spending time with her child.

Lunch was done, and now she was sitting by him.
'Pain ho raha hoga na, Rohit?'
Rohit lying down straight, nodded little in a no. Veena frowned.

'Mom se jhut bolega..'

'N.. na..' he tried but she saw it was difficult for him to speak.

'Ssh. Mat bol.. mein samajhti hu.' and tears welled up in her eyes.
Rohit squeezed her hand which was holding his.

'Tu jaldi thik ho ja beta..'
She couldn't keep strong, tears fell.
Rohit couldn't express much, couldn't wipe her tears. It pained him to see his mother like that.
A nurse came inside followed by Naren.
There was some routine check up to be done.
Both Naren and Veena came aside.

'Veena, mat ro. Tum jaanti ho na wo aise nahi dekh sakta tumhe.. tum aise rahogi to uspe negative asar na ho.. please..'
Naren made her understand.

'I am sorry, Naren..'
and Veena promised not to be weak, not to cry.

After the nurse was done, and she told everything was fine, Veena and Naren were there till the evening.

As the kids were not creating any havoc and were calm, ready to doze off, Sonakshi prepared the dinner and fed them .
Naren Veena were home.

Guessing the yearning of Sonakshi, Naren asked her to be there and stay overnight with Rohit and happily, she packed the tiffin for two and left for the hospital after Rayaan and Sanaya were asleep.

Rohit was on sedation, so he was not yet awake. Sonakshi just sat on the chair, gazing at him lovingly and eagerly as she wanted him to be up and see her first thing.

And so that happened, half an hour later..

- - -

The way you all indulge with the story, overwhelms us. Thankyou.

Vote. Comment. Share.

- Nidakshi