Chapter- 78

Before going to the nursery, he headed to his studio.

He took out the painting he had made before Rayaan and Sanaya were born.

Taking the brush, he stroked "a" replacing the "o" of the word COME.

He put the date and signed it.

Later, he walked to his babies..

Sanaya, his baby girl, his princess , who had a circular face with little long brown hair , her hands- one on her stomach and one beside her head.. the tiny fingers curled.. The legs and toes turned up.

While, Rayaan, his champ, who was chubby with less hair but black; was sleeping with his hands and legs in a flexed manner.. and a slight smile on his lips..
Rohit adored both of them. He sat beside them, keeping an eye so that nothing disturbs them..and they sleep peacefully in the cosy bedding.
He was lost in his thoughts when he perceived two hands wrap around his collarbone area.
'So akele akele time spend kar rahe ho..'
Rohit smiled hearing Sonakshi whisper.
'Haan, most of the time to tumhare paas rehte hai to socha ab mein rahu inke saath kuch der...' he let her hug him from behind, and held her hands.
'Sote hue kya baat kar rahe hai..? Mujhe bhi batao ..'
'Kuch secrets papa aur bachho mein hone chahiye..'
'Mumma ki complaints..'
He chuckled nodding a yes and she hit him on his chest.
Rohit indicated her to come to the front..
'Tum kyun uth gayi Sona.. you should rest na..' he said shrugging.
'Neend nahi aa rahi tumhare bagair..' she put an arm around his elbow.
'Chale.. f..' he asked but their duo time was up! It was time to spend some mid night moments with their kids.
'Tumhari beti tumpar gayi hai Rohit.. koi mauka nahi chhodti time spend karne ka..' and he chuckled taking Sanaya in his lap while Sonakshi got the milk pump bottle and gave it to him.
Sonakshi kept stroking Sanaya's head while Rohit busied in bottle feeding her.
A constant smile was up on Sonakshi's face as she saw Rohit mumbling sweet nothings to their daughter while the tiny eyes gawked at her father's beard!

'I wonder..' said Sonakshi.
Rohit looked at her, 'What?'
'That, our babies aren't scared of your beard..' and she rubbed her chin while laughing.
He rolled his eyes, 'Why will they be scared! My jaan they are! Haina, princess?' and he leaned a little taking the bottle away.. and she made a shriek cry when he nose nudged her.
'Arey arey.. sorry baba..' Rohit immediately headed away and Sonakshi laughed as he started pampering Sanaya with crazy antics to refrain the crying.
'Dekh liya .. '
'Wo to usse disturb kar diya tumne.. wo apne papa ke khilaaf kuch nahi sun sakti..'
And they saw Sanaya fling her arm in front to which the laughter changed to smiles.
Rohit's eyes glinted, 'She agrees!!'
And Sonakshi placed a kiss on her forehead.
Both did the cleaning and again lay Sanaya on her bed.
'Sona, you make her sleep. I'll wake Rayaan.. to have milk. Its been 3 hours.'
'Haan. Sure..'
Rayaan was awake for his meal. It was recommended to them that they wake the babies for one night feeding if they sleep little long. It was for few weeks just for their pink of health.
'Bade aaram hai inke!' said Rohit as he saw Rayaan's calm face after a yawn.
'See, my shehzada doesn't cry.. ' praised Sonakshi giving him a flying kiss.
Rohit pursed his lips, 'Obedient hu mein, mujhpe gaya hai..'
'Huh! Beti bhi tumpe aur beta bhi.. not fair..' pouted Sonakshi coming near the son-father after confirming that Sanaya was fast asleep.
'Ab maan lo.' he winked at Rayaan who was having a relaxed time in his father's lap.
'Rohit! Pagal to tum ho, in dono ko bhi pagal kar doge.'
She smacked his shoulder.
'Tumne notice kiya, ye dono lullaby se nahi, humari baaton se entertain aur sote hai..'
He wiped with a soft towel as little milk came out of Rayaan's mouth.
'Bas bas thoda beta... Ho gaya fir!' said Sonakshi taking Rayaan in her arms as he started moving in Rohit's lap..
'Champ.. please na baby..'
She put the bottle again in his mouth.. A while later, he started refusing it.
'Sona..let it be.. he had enough..'
'Hmm. He isn't hungry much..'
'Yeah... Chalo make him sleep, I'll just clean up everything here...'
Rohit took the wet clothes in the baby's laundry basket and wiped the floor once.
Rayaan was asleep; keeping the lights dim, both of them headed to their bedroom.

Two three weeks went by getting accustomed to the routine! Life became a little busy, no, a lot busy..
Sonakshi, at times, felt too drained to even get up from the bed but Veena and Rohit never let dullness engulf her that she forgets to be healthy and fine.
No matter, Rohit didn't express but he too was getting huffed and puffed and there, the new mother helped him relax.
There was partnership, companionship all the way from 12 to 12!
The naughty daughter and the calm son were a duo of another level. When one disturbed, other asked to get attention and when the other engaged everyone, the former cried!
But, the journey was getting better each day.. everyone was learning.

Even, the orphanage director had come to meet them, letting them know how much the kids missed Sonakshi and Rohit.
They promised they would soon give a visit whenever time permits.

Sonakshi, though had written something, which expressed the happiness..

Na, der nahi hui mujhe..
Bas masroof ye dil hai..
Jaanti ho na
Aangan mein do aaye naye phool hai..
Kuch bheeni, kuch suhaani
Unki mehek ko sahej rahi hun
Unse Baatein karte karte,
Kuch naya har pal seekh rahi hu..
Woh kuch kehte nahi,
Hume hi sunna padta hai..
Unki shararaton ko dekh,
Hume bachha banna padta hai..
Wo diapers ko jhelna har din,
Bhook lage to uth jaana,
Jab jab roye bewajah,
Un roothe shaitaano ko manaana..
Papa se alag hi pyaar hai,
Mumma ki baatein kaha sunte,
Lagta hai chacha bhai jaisa,
Dadi dada ki kahaniyo se Khwaab bunte..
Ek safar ye bada hi haseen hai,
Mein kitna kuch likh jaaun,
Sab kuch dil mein hi basa hai,
Wajib lavz mein kabhi na keh paaun
Tum bhi kar lena ek din
In nanhe doston se mulakaat,
Zindagi ke ye haseen lamhe dekh..
Milega tumhe jannat ka ehsaas..
Ab ashq nahi, hasi hai chehre pe,
Jo sadaa hi rahegi amar,
Jab saath ho aziz har shaks,
Aasan ho jata hai jeevan har safar !

*

And she shut the diary keeping it inside the cupboard; again ready to make memories with the little ones!

- - -

Vote. Comment. Share.

- Nidakshi