⁰⁸championships

chapter 08 」
❝ pretty sure whatever you're thinking of doing is illegal „

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

THE DUCKS HAD WON BOTH THE PLAYOFFS AND THE SEMI-FINALS against the Hornets and the Cardinals. Amelia was getting put in more during each game which she was very happy about.

Her and Adam also had an amazing partnership during practice since she could think quickly on the ice and he could basically make all his shots, however, they usually weren't out on the ice together during games since they both played center positions.

"Let's go!" Bombay announced as the National Anthem ended and the crowd sat down.

Amelia was surprised that she was so nervous for a peewee hockey championship game considering big competitions like these weren't that new to her. Nevertheless, she felt more than prepared and she had a feeling that they were going to do well.

Amelia was put into the game immediately along with Adam who was playing in the face off. She stood on his right, watching intently and preparing to start skating immediately. 

As soon as the puck was dropped, the player opposite of Adam and the player that was supposed to be guarding Amelia immediately went and knocked Adam down. The puck being open and Amelia being unguarded, she quickly skated over and dribbled it down to the Hawk's goal with one of the Hawks who had knocked Adam down quickly behind her.

With expert skill, she managed to weave past several Hawks and pass to Guy. She sighed as Guy was immediately knocked down―at least taking down a Hawk as well―as the puck flew over to him and another Hawk hit the puck hard over to the Duck's side.

She skated quickly after the puck and cheered inside when Adam stole the puck and skated behind their goal, hitting it to Charlie. Even though Amelia wasn't near the puck at all, some Hawk shoved their shoulder into hers and she crashed into the wall and fell to the ice.

Groaning and adjusting her helmet as she stood up, she watched and followed as a Hawk managed to intercept the puck and pass it to another Hawk who scored on Goldberg, scoring the first goal of the game.

She skated back to the center and took the face off this time. As soon as the puck dropped, she wedged her way in between the other player and the puck, effectively blocking him and she got to the puck first. Turning around and pushing past the Hawk across from her, she pushed off the edges of her blades faster than she would normally during practice.

Starting to feel the adrenaline, she didn't slow down as more Hawks started to surround her, only pushing past them and skating from side to side with the puck to avoid them. Making sure to keep her eyes up, she found Adam who was open and passed it to him who then shot it into the Hawk's goal with precision putting the first point on for the Ducks.

The crowd cheered as she skated over to Adam, tapping their sticks together twice before hugging, a few others on their team joining in.

Little did she know, her flipping them off the other day and her ability to score against them made her a bigger enemy to them; she had just joined their list on players to take down along with Adam.

The Hawks managed to score another point leaving another five minutes left of the first period. In the last play, Goldberg managed to stop the puck from entering and Guy got the rebound, circling behind the net and passing it over to Amelia.