⁰⁷fine dining

chapter 07 」
❝ come on banks, don't be a loser „

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"YOU FINALLY SHOWED," Amelia said as Adam entered the restaurant and took a seat at the stool next to her.

"I'm sorry. How long have you been waiting?"

She shrugged. "Forever."

Adam gave her an apologetic look and Ms. Conway walked over to the two of them.

"Relax," she said, recognizing him from her son's hockey team, "she's only been here for a few minutes."

Amelia pouted at Ms. Conway who chuckled a little.

"What can I get for you kids?"

"A cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake please," Adam ordered and shot an innocent smile to Amelia.

Ms. Conway wrote it down and turned to Amelia.

"Same thing but I'll have a strawberry shake instead."

Charlie's mom wrote her order down as well and the two thanked her before she left to get their food.

"You know, I was kind of surprised when you wanted to bet on fast food," Amelia said.

Adam raised his eyebrows encouraging her to elaborate. "Oh yeah?"

"I dunno, a cake eater eating at a restaurant for normals like us? Never," Amelia joked.

"Come on Parker, please don't start calling me that!"

Amelia shook her head and laughed. "Sorry, but I thought you only ate rich people food like . . . caviar and truffles and . . . that's all I know."

"I've never even had caviar in my life," he said.

She pretended to be shocked. "Never?"

He shook his head with a small smile on his lips, playing along.

"That's outrageous!"

"I know, I'm just like you."

She smiled and nodded. "I'm sure you are."

She reached up and ruffled his hair with one hand. He immediately brought his hands up and fixed it. Amelia scoffed and chuckled at him.

Adam's eyes drifted down to where Amelia's skateboard was leaning against her stool.

"You skate?" he asked, pointing to the board.

"I think we all skate."

"No," Adam started with a chuckle, "I was talking about your board."

Her eyes darted down to her skateboard and she looked back up at Adam with an awkward smile on her face.

"Right. Umm, yeah, a little."

"Wow, can you do any cool tricks?"

Amelia crinkled her nose. "I used to, but my doctor and my parents don't think I should anymore because of my foot and knee problem."

"I always wanted to skateboard but my dad thought I would get injured."

"Hockey seems way more dangerous considering, y'know, people are constantly slamming into you," Amelia said with doubt.