¹³bombay's angels

chapter 13 」
❝ I'll be dead, I won't be able to stop you „

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

AMELIA HAD SOMEHOW ENDED UP LYING ON THE ICE, music coursing through her headphones as she breathed heavily. She had warmed up with laps and there was a slight throbbing in her right knee but she just ignored it. Then she remembered getting water before starting sprints across the ice.

She wasn't sure though when she switched from doing sprints to lying on the ice. No one was kicking her off though, so she was planning on staying there for as long as possible. Probably until she froze and became one with the ice.

Unfortunately, she heard a pair of skates slowly skating over to her before circling around her a few times and slowing to a stop next to her.

"Hey," the voice greeted.

She internally groaned and opened her eyes to find Luis. Amelia stopped her music and pulled off her headphones before sitting up. He held out his hand to her and she took it and he helped her up to her feet.

She groaned as she felt the back of her sweatshirt soaked and she took it off, goosebumps growing on her arm as she was left in only a t-shirt.

"Hawks?" Luis asked with his eyebrows slightly raised. "I thought you guys were the Ducks."

She looked down to her black and blue t-shirt and crossed her arms, rubbing them up and down. "It's, uh, it was a friend's."

He nodded with pursed lips before furrowing his brows at the sight of her trying to warm up. "Are you cold?"

"Only a little. It'll be fine if I keep skating."

He pulled off his own sweatshirt and handed it to her. "Take this."

"Now you're gonna be cold."

"I have my Team USA jacket over on the bench."

She nodded and followed him as they skated over to the sidelines. He entered the bench area and threw on his extra jacket. She draped her sweatshirt over the bench to dry and she set her Walkman and headphones next to it.

She took a drink from her water bottle before looking down at the sweatshirt in her hands. It was navy blue with the words South Miami on it with a print on it similar to the one from his original jersey. She pulled it on over her head and had to roll up the sleeves a little.

"What're you doing here?" she asked him.

"I could ask the same about you," he replied.

"I asked first."

He shrugged and they skated back out onto the ice. "I'm here for extra practice and stuff."

"I thought Los Angeles was supposed to be the place for having fun and going wherever we wanted," she mocked.

He chuckled and scoffed at her bad imitation of him. "I'm defending my title as the fastest on the team," he said, skating slow circles around her.

"Well, I'm here to take that title," she said.

As his circle began to increase in speed, she found an opening and skated past him. He followed and caught up and was soon pulling ahead of her by a little bit. He shot her a smirk and she turned her head back forward and chuckled to herself.