³⁶unfinished

chapter 36
❝ quote. „

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"HOW'RE GOLDBERG, AVERMAN, AND KEN DOING WITH ... their new positions?" Amelia asked as she cradled her flour baby in her arm, walking down the halls with Connie and Luis (and their respective flour babies of course).

"I don't know," Connie sighed. "They're obviously upset over it, but I think they'll live."

"I had a class with Goldberg earlier; he's a little ... upset," Luis said.

Connie furrowed her eyebrows at him and tried to analyze his expression. "Why the hesitation?"

Luis only shrugged innocently.

"Luis you better not be hiding anything," said Connie.

"I'm not!" he said in a defensive tone. "Why do you think I'm hiding anything?"

"I don't know," she said slowly. "But Goldberg, Ken, and I are still baking our babies into a cake, so I don't need it to be awkward."

"You'll be fine," Amelia said reassuringly. "If you want, you can come with Luis and I to―"

"I'm not letting my baby face the same demise as yours."

"You're baking your child; how is that any different?"

"It'll die an honorable death," said Connie. "Besides, at least I won't be wasting my flour."

"You're no fun," Luis said, shaking his head.

"You guys are gonna get in trouble," she said with warning in her voice.

"It's just flour," said Amelia. "And no one's gonna catch us."

"Yeah, we're not trying  to flour bomb someone, we just want to watch our babies explode," Luis said.

Connie rolled her eyes and shook her head in disappointment, but a small smile still played on her lips.

"Actually, flour bombing seems like a fun―"

"Nope," interrupted Amelia. "Bad idea."

"Fine, whatever," said Luis. "You coming, Connie?"

Connie scoffed and looked at him skeptically. "I think you already know the answer."

"Yeah, considering she's already said it a bunch of times that it's such a bad idea," Amelia said, mocking Connie at the end.

"Sorry, I was just asking one last time to see if she changed her mind."

"Well, I didn't," said Connie. "So, you guys have fun dropping your children to their deaths."

"So dramatic," said Luis. 

the notes planning out other ideas/rest of story:

hockey team cuts have to be made because the ducks are combining with some of the remaining varsity members

coach wilson either retires or gets a job at a college and they haven't found a replacement yet, so orion has to take over both