¹¹wheaties champs

chapter 11 」
❝ my bones are screaming right now „

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"SOME TEAM BONDING THIS IS," Amelia muttered in annoyance but then chuckled a little at her unintentional pun.

The rest of the team complained and Amelia tried to wiggle herself to get more room. She was lucky that she was on the outside of their little circle, squished in between Luis and Julie.

A stench filled the air that wasn't there before and everyone else seemed to notice as well.

"Uh, I smell something . . . " Guy trailed off.

"Goldberg!" everyone yelled in unison.

Goldberg scoffed. "It wasn't me!"

"No, it was me!" Dean said proudly.

Everyone groaned and Amelia felt a small jostle in their tight circle and she looked over her shoulder to see Dean with his arms in the air victoriously.

Bombay blew his whistle, getting the team's attention. "I don't know how to make this any clearer. You are a team. And to win this thing, you have to work as one." Their eyes followed him as he circled around them. "Now as one, skate."

Knowing it was going to be a disaster, Amelia let herself be jostled around, not even resisting when her side crashed to the ground, the weight of the others on top of her and her face right next to the ice.

"My bones hurt!" Amelia complained dramatically as the people who could actually move struggled to get up.

"Everyone goes their own way, everyone falls down," Bombay said. "Now get up and try it again."

"This can't be good for us," Luis said from behind her.

She tried to turn around to look at him but she couldn't do that. The two of them were squashed against the ice and they couldn't really do anything except wait for the others to get up a little for them to be able to help.

Luis made a sound of disgust and a few spitting sounds.

"Mendoza, you better not be spitting in my hair," Amelia warned.

"Your hair's in my mouth!" he exclaimed in disgust.

"How? My hair's in a bun."

"Not anymore."

She reached back to check but her gloved hand accidentally hit something, or someone, else instead.

"Seriously Parker?!" Jesse said.

"Sorry," she apologized and put her hands back down.

Once they managed to get back up, they tried to communicate.

"Alright, all of you move to your right. Now!" Dean ordered.

They started shuffling as much as possible to the right until Fulton argued, "Who made you boss? Everyone to the left!"

Amelia sighed and shuffled over to the left but they ended up falling again, this time she slid onto her butt and she somehow slipped out from underneath the rope.

"You guys can argue all you want, but I am not untying you until you move as one," Bombay said.

A few tries later, they managed to not argue with each other and now they were shuffling forward together.