¹⁹...flock together

chapter 19 」
❝ take that out again and I'll take out your spleen 

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"OKAY, WE TOTALLY LOOK BOMB OR WHATEVER, but like, again, is this legal?" Amelia asked as they skated around the ice in their new Ducks jerseys via Jan.

"I've just gotten word that there is no rule against changing uniform!" the announcer said.

Luis pointed up to where the announcers were. "There's your answer."

"How . . . Okay, then."

They made their way to the player's bench where they huddled and started chanting "Quack," the audience joining in as well.

"Go ducks!" they cheered before skating off onto the ice.

Amelia watched as her teammates were quickly able to get the puck and stay in possession of it. The noirette stood up cheering loudly as Connie effortlessly scored a goal, bringing them only one point behind.

The Iceland team managed to score two more points leaving the Ducks three points behind. Amelia managed to get the puck from Averman and was supposed to pass back to Dwayne when she was flipped over by one of the Iceland players.

She got up as Adam took possession of the puck and passed back to Dwayne.

"Alley-oop, boys!" she heard the cowboy say and watched in astonishment as the puck sailed over all the players' heads.

They skated after the puck to ensure it would make it in, only for Amelia to get flipped over again and Adam knocked down from behind. The buzzer still went off though and the noirette got up and cheered and the audience started cheering too.

They were now two points behind with less than ten minutes on the clock. The puck went behind their goal and Guy was flipped over.

Amelia took the puck and passed to Luis before she was checked against the boards as well. Getting back into the game, she skated after, not too far behind him. The other players hadn't caught up yet and Amelia watched and waited for Luis to crash into the goal―technically it still counted as a goal for them, but that would surely hurt.

Except he stopped, shaving ice onto the goalie's helmet.

He stopped! Amelia cheered to herself.

"I stopped!" she heard him say.

"Shoot, Mendoza!" Amelia yelled as she stopped in front of the goalie as well, shaving up more ice on him.

Luis effortlessly tapped the puck and it glided into the net. The two stared at each other in astonishment before throwing their arms up and cheering. The team hugged as another point was put on the board, only one point behind the Vikings.

After Russ was sent out and immediately targeted, Coach Bombay called for a timeout and discussed their plan.

Connie, Guy, and Amelia stayed on their side of the ice rink and passed the puck back and forth to each other, stalling for time.

Guy got the puck and passed to Luis who skated behind the net and passed to back to the "goalie," who took off their helmet to reveal Russ instead of Goldberg.

He propped up the puck on its side and hit it, using his knucklepuck to tie up the game. They all crowded around Russ and cheered.

"How is this legal?!" Amelia asked, with a huge smile on her face.