³³romance and other bs

chapter 33 」
❝ what are we? alcoholics anonymous 

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

ONE MONTH LATER | post surgery
 MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA 

AFOREMENTIONED ABOVE, A SURGERY HAD INDEED TAKEN PLACE prior to the current moment. When Amelia flew to New York and went to the doctor's, she had been diagnosed with a complete ACL tear and a grade two meniscus tear.

The doctor recommended two to three weeks before getting surgery, so she followed that order and then got surgery as quick as possible to recover as quickly as possible. There were lots of calls exchanged between classmates and friends to make sure she was up to date on schoolwork and anything else going on.

A memorable report was two days post surgery when Julie and Connie called and updated her on all the current non-academic events: Luis and Mindy had "broken up" (were they even dating to begin with?), Dean (already) got into a fight with a junior, Julie and Scooter were hanging out regularly, and some girl asked out Adam only to be turned down (kindly and gently of course, because what else would you expect from a gentleman such as he?).

At first, after hearing the last piece of news, she felt an inexplicable wave of happiness immediately followed by guilt for feeling a shred of happiness at that girl's expense. The reason for her happiness was inexplicable at the moment, but it would reveal itself to Amelia later.

Now, she was walking with Luis along the Eden Hall Academy halls that were decorated with posters and flyers for the upcoming dance.

"Fuck Sadie Hawkins," she groaned, glaring at the huge banner along the corridor announcing its date. "How many girls have asked you?"

"Do you really want me to answer that?" he asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

"Ugh, you're terrible. So, how many of us are there left?" she asked.

The two pushed open the doors and exited the main building, making their way back to their dorms.

"Right, so Julie recently asked Scooter and they're going together," Luis said.

Amelia nodded and hummed―she obviously was going to know about that before he did. "Hey, don't you think Scooter kinda looks like Gunnar Stahl?"

"Who?"

"You know, the Iceland guy from the Junior Olympics thing," she said using more wild hand gestures than usual to try to make up for her lack of information that she could provide. "He was the last shooter during the overtime shootout and Julie caught his puck?"

"How am I supposed to remember what he looks like? His face was behind the helmet majority of the time," he said.

"Fine, whatever."

"Okay, so continuing," Luis said. "Charlie's obviously going with Linda, Connie and Guy are out, Julie's going with Scooter, and Russ and Dwayne are also out of the group."

"Who're Dwayne and Russ going with?"

He shrugged. "Russ was asked by some girl from his science class and Dwayne was asked by one of the horse back riding girls that he became friends with because he volunteered and hung out at the stables so much. Not sure if they asked with a romantic intention or just, you know, just to see where it would go."