backstory

There were only mere moments away, my mother and father, terror on their faces as they rushed me into a small machine. Our planet was being sucked into a black hole, and they took everything in their power to rush me to the contraption - a ship - and send me off into a different solar system.
Apparently, my parents weren't the only ones with this idea.
Out among the asteroids in the solar belt, I saw a rickety escape pod and another escape pod that looked a lot like mine, bouncing its way through.

After that, on our way to Earth's atmosphere, I lost sight of them, myself running in through a tavern type building, and from that point on I was raised by the Bartender/Owner and the others who drank there.

A few years passed and I realized that I wasn't necessarily normal, I could fly and heat things with lasers that shot through my eyes, move quickly in time and heal relatively fast.
I never told anyone, though. Not that I was scared that the others would be afraid, but because there would always be this tall person who came to check on me, trying to find reasons my father was unfit to parent me in such a setting, but would always leave with nothing good. If I were to say I had such powers, perhaps the tall person would take me away.

Eventually, as I grew, I got old enough to go to school. It was a small house near a prison, which wouldn't seem necessarily safe except for the fact that there was a young blue-headed boy in an orange jumpsuit there, along with another boy, who looked human along with the other students. It seemed alright, we had sat in a rug when one of the boys had gotten up, winning the student's affection by using what seemed to be power. He raised the desk of the teacher and would create fun for everyone. I got rather excited because I knew that I was not the only one without such power. Then a blue flash went past my eye, and when I turned it was the blue-headed boy, watching along.
The powerful, Cal, would often send the other boy, Megamind in the corner or time out, just cause he was trying to do things like Cal. Trying to prove himself with genius technology and creations that would quite literally blow up in his face.
This continued during many days, till the point Megamind created a contraption where whatever landed within his laser barrier would shoot back out, making dodge ball's fly in every direction, one coming right to our teacher like a bullet. Cal, of course, stood in the way, deflecting it. It rolled on the ground at my feet, and when I looked up I could tell what was going on in their minds. The students were afraid, the teacher angry, believing Megamind filled with immorality and Cal filled with righteousness.
The following day after, Megamind had created a sort of bomb, it exploding in blue color. This seemed to upset Cal to the point where he picked up the entire school with his super strength, and I could feel it begin to shift and turn as he carried it far away from both the prison and Megamind. He may have had a smile on his face, as he began to grow smaller and smaller from distance, but now I would not get the chance to know him till years later.