new home

After a couple of days during an incident at the Bar, it had burned down somehow, I was sent with the tall person to come to a new home. I wasn't ready for it in all honesty, my only family member had gone down with his building, and I had nowhere to go.
I sat in the back of a car, the tall person's car, the name I had learned to be Amanda. She apparently had been with a group that made sure children were in a safe home, and on the ride there I didn't quite understand what was going on. I hadn't even made it home from school when I had her come up to me. She told me that I wouldn't be living at the Bar anymore, especially the upstairs apartment part of the bar, and went to a very large mansion. Out in the porch was a rich looking lady, a tired-looking man, and Cal, the boy from my school.
I hesitated before getting out of the car. I hadn't brought anything with me except what I took to school that day. Amanda walked to the couple and began talking to them before requesting me to come over, to where I met Frank and Stephanie, one of the rather wealthy families in this area of town.
They greeted me, though Cal didn't quite look like he wanted me around, putting on more of a facade then actual emotion, I could see him lie through his teeth.
The rest of that day was nothing short of a house tour, family dinner, and getting to know one another.
My new room was relatively nice, it was really big with some toys, a dresser of clothes, a giant closet, and a single bed, big enough to probably fit an adult. It felt spacious, making me nauseous, so I immediately sat down in the middle of the room. Everything was moving so fast like it had been planned months before my arrival.
It was nearing their situation of a sleeping schedule, but I couldn't sleep just yet, having been used to the long nights at the bar so I sat on the floor beside my bed, taking the view of the room in. Bright white walls, white dresser white and gold clothes, white sheets white bed white EVERYTHING. It needed color. I grabbed a toy, a small doll, and looked around, to which no one seemed to be near, and began to burn the doll to a crisp black. Though it was more the loss of color, anything was better than pure white all around.
As the night grew on, I continued to toy with the different trinkets scattered throughout my room. There was one small bracelet on the other side of the room. This was no new task to me, and with a flick of my wrist, the bracelet began to float in the air, making its way towards me.
I heard a gasp and the drop of a plastic cup.
The bracelet fell from the air into the carpeted white ground.
It was then our eyes locked, both mine and Cal's.

"Its not what you think!'

"Hush, the parents are still asleep."

There was an equal silence, just staring at one another till he started to come into the room. He sat across from me, and saw the charred doll beside me.

"Did you do that?"

I was silent, but glanced and nodded.

"With your eyes?"

"Y-yes, i suppose." I still didn't know what to do, afraid that he would tell the parents and I would have to go to a different family I had no business being around.

"I can do that too. Does that mean you have powers like me?"

I felt a bit more welcome after that night, knowing that Cal was more a brother to me then before. We traded knowledge as to what powers we both had, and it turned out we both had the same powers with one difference - he had thick impenetrable skin, and I did not.

We spent hours talking till we both had fallen asleep, hiding the burnt doll under the bed and us both on the opposite sides of the giant bed, where Cal's parents found us once morning hit. After that night Cal and I practiced our powers in secret, even doodling our costumes. His was more white with gold trims where I found mine more fitting to have [color] with black trims.

Throughout the years, I had become quite the tailor, designing our Hero outfits. There was many problems with our city, along with the help of a new villian, who ran quite popular in terrorizing our area, whereas Cal had made quite an impression with the people, Metro City's Hero against what had come to be someone I never believed it would be. The one and only blue headed boy from the past,

Megamind