catching a malfunctioned date

Roxanne Ritchi had to be the only other person who knew about Megaminds plan, so I decided to talk to her. The front building was closed, so even if I had wanted to get in I couldn't, which made me have to fly. I, pleasantly displeased this, not wanting to be caught by anyone, even Megamind, who was under the impression that I was human. I didn't really know where this deep rooted fear came from, just that I was afraid to use such. I was thinking that perhaps I wouldn't need to help out Metro City as much as I needed.
Despite that, i walked to an empty alleyway beside the building and flew up to Roxannes balcony, doing my best to stay out of sight. When I got there, I saw her thinking, with multiple papers clipped from the ceiling.
She looked at, then made her way to the balcony, her back facing me. Quickly, I moved out of veiw as she took in her weeks worth of work. That's when I saw something flying right towards her, carrying a large box. He wore white with red flames and hems to his costume, though the fabric was familiar. I had created that costume, in fact.
"This must be his new hero." I spoke soft, but Roxanne turned, having heard it.
"Hello? Is anyone there?" She seemed confused, which made sense since the voice was neat her but 2 meters meters below, directly under the balcony.
"My super ears are burning!" I heard a coo, it was from Titan, or in this case Hal, the new superhero.
This frightened Roxanne, causing her to jump and turn.
"I usually just scare criminals. You haven't been naughty, have you?" There was a silence and i saw Roxanne move backwards. "Im totally messing with you! The names Tighten, your very own heroic guardian of pure awesome." He kept chatting, obviously trying to swoon Roxanne but she wasn't having any of it, especially with flowers, the box he was carrying earlier.
Suddenly, Hal snatched Roxanne and continuously dropped her, catching her once again before she fell to the ground. Quickly, I launched myself off the building, following them, doing my best to keep out of sight. Eventually i settled on a nearby building, listening in on their conversation.
Hal and Roxanne were bickering, Roxi trying to explain to Hal how being a pretend hero and trying to get her to love him wasn't right till he got upset and flew off, leaving Roxanne on a tall building by herself. I flew just behind her and knocked on the metal surface, spooking her.
"Hal! Please-" she turned and saw me, rather than the man who left her behind. "Who- wait aren't you y/n?"
I nodded, sitting on the ground and patting beside me. "Care to sit?"
"How did you get up here?"
"Same way I'll help you get down."
She sat down and sighed. "I don't understand, this isn't right. Megamind is using Hal and it won't turn out well, I don't know what to do, I'm... Im scared." She quickly shook her head. "And here i am ranting, listen, I need to get somewhere, do you think you could help me figure out how to get down?"
I stood up, helping her up as well and smiled. "It's alright to be afraid, this new hero thing doesn't look too great but you keep yourself safe, alright?"
She nodded and peered down the wall side. "This is pretty high up."
"Im aware, now, if you please." I scooped her up bridal style as she stared up at me, clutching my shoulders.
"You aren't going to jump, are you?" She yelled, looking down and making herself small.
"No of course not." I slowly floated up in the air and they down once again, like an elevator till we reached the bottom.
She again looked up at me, dazed and confused. "How can you... You can fly?"
I gently pat her shoulder and set her down, hearing the clack of her heels on the concrete floor.  "You can't tell anyone, there's a reason I haven't said anything."
She hesitantly smiled. "Yeah, yeah of course but why don't you?"
"The famous life just isn't for me i suppose, nothing too bad. I would go, soon though, before you are late and Tighten realizes you arent on the building."
"Yes," she took in a breath of air. "thank you so much!" That was when Roxanne turned and began running down the street towards and down a street blocks away.

A few moments later, I saw Hal staring into a window of a restaurant, only to turn with both anger and sadness and fly away. My mind was curious as to what he was staring at and made my way to the window to see Roxanne and.. Megamind, kissing. "Huh, yeah I can see why that would be heartbreaking." I thought, slowly drifting away. I must say that I may have had a small crush on him, but he seemed quite happy with Roxanne and I didn't want to get in the way of that, so I left, sitting on top of a building.
It was my own fault really, falling for a villian, nothing could go very well because of this. I stood up and stretched, staring out at the sky.
Perhaps I had been used, during the week i had went to Megaminds lair and helped him with so many things like how to train the new super, costume designing and building, tying rope properly, an excellent way to fight, all sorts of things, and I would catch moments of him looking my way, or the other way around. We would spend time having fun and laughing, getting to know one another. Perhaps this was just a ploy so I would do as he said, i felt so.. Dumb.
It didn't matter now, I could go home and continue my tailor work. I wouldn't spend another minute thinking about him. And so I went home, I walked home, just as it started to rain.
The streets began to fill with trash that had been dehydrated to small cubes, barely noticeable till it began to rain. It wasn't amazing, the heavy rain pattering on myself and the trash spilling all around on my long walk home, but it gave me time to cool down and think.