brainstorming

"Pepper spray?"

"Check."

"Bat?"

"Check."

"Rope?"

"(Y/n), don't you think this is a little much?"

"Nope."

"All we are doing is talking to him, maybe come to some sort of conclusion."

"Well yes, but we are already letting him feel comfortable enough to chat but if he tries anything I'm ready." I pretended to cock a gun with my hands, earning a grin from (f/n).

Eventually, later, we had brought Megamind into a room. It was just a bedroom - guest bedroom to be exact. It had the things a room would have, bed, dresser, just about it. It also had a whiteboard, a couple of whiteboard markers and a chair. Megamind sat in the chair, (f/n) and I sitting on the bed.

"Tell us a little bit about (y/n) from your.. Uh dimension."

Megamind looked up at me then my friend then looked down at his hands. He smiled. "She's amazing, honestly. Smart, beautiful, strong. She's basically super, both literally and figuratively. Her brother and her are from the same planet, of course, but she doesn't have that impenetrable skin, which is why she was dying. That.. Bullet. There was something in it, it made her skin pale and her veins a sickening black, and when she scratched it," he shuddered at the memory. "Black blood was on her fingertips. Her skin gave away to the scratch so easily."

"Mitamoglubinuemia." I said softly. I looked at my own hands as if it would tell me if I was right. "There is a possibility the bullet itself was covered in a substance that triggered it in... her and now she is dying."
Perhaps taking a couple medical classes throughout your school years helped out a lot.

"Well, what do you suggest we do about it?" Megamind asked, which caused (f/n) to hum an agreement to the question, listening along.

"Well we have Mutalive Trithul here, a chemical substance that keeps such thing from continuing, it is supposedly supposed to make her better. But it can be hard to get your hands on."

"I'm pretty sure i can make it. Part of being a college learned scientist has its perks!" My friend chimed in.

Everything seemed to be going well. The only thing is how we would get this substance over to the other universe. It possibly couldn't make the trip. After multiple hours of brainstorming, we realized we couldn't come to a true conclusion.

Tired, (f/n) had already passed out on the bed. My mother had left after wishing me goodbye and now it was just Megamind and I. To say I wasn't nervous would be a lie, so we sat in awkward silence for what felt like forever till finally he spoke up.

"I'm... Im sorry for scaring you, earlier. You reminded me so much of my y/n and I guess I reacted before I thought." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly and i hummed in understanding.

It was beginning to become night, and I gently nudged my friend to awake and sleep in my room. "You can uhm.. Stay here for the night. But im locking the door." I got up and felt him grab my wrist. My heart began to beat rapidly and I turned and grabbed his wrist back, hard enough as a warning and he immediatly let go.

"I just wanted to say thank you." He looked uneasy, though it was probably because of my warning. He gave a small smile and sat on the bed, facing the window opposite to the door.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight, y/n."

I closed the door and tied rope to the knob and a closet door beside it, so if he opened the door it wouldn't open far. I gently touched the doorknob, then turned and went to the couch to sleep.