three

"I wanna feel alive, I don't even wanna die anymore."
- Logic

Reese

13 February 2017 - Houston, Texas

I anxiously tucked my dress lower as I stared at myself in the wide mirror. My dress was above knee-length and is of a light baby blue color. I didn't initially pick that outfit but it was the better pick compared to my sweats.

"Kate! Reese! Let's go!" I picked up my clutch and my phone before heading downstairs. Kate was dressed in a plain white dress and mom in a pair of black jeans and a red blouse.

During the car drive,my eyes focused on the dark scenery outside-the stars twinkling in the sky, the full moon giving light to the Darth.

Short after, the car pulled at the curb of Samantha's house and I realised that they had moved a few houses away from their older one.I was very curious about the reason why but I stayed quiet.

"Reese, thank you," Sam mumbled, pulling me into a tight hug. I noticed River sitting on the couch, not giving a damn fuck about our presence and Brandon,River's elder brother, placing the dishes on the dining table.Sam lead us to the living room and the only seat available is was one next to River.

Great.

Not to pressurize him, I headed towards the kitchen, informing Brandon that I hadarrived.

Brandon didn't ressemble River at all just like Kate and I.He was shorter than him and was less moody than River.He had no tattoos or piercings and wad still dating his girlfriend of six years - according to mom - and her name is Anastasia Angelos, a pretty Greek girl.

"Reese! Long time, no see. How are you?" he chuckled, wiping the excess of sweat off his forehead.

"I'm good, thanks. And you?"

"Coping with life," he simply answered before handing me a knife motioning to the cutting board behind me and the herbs on the table.

Cool.

"Oh fuck," I swore in pain as the blood oozed out of my finger.Brandon quickly pulled my hand under the water tap, allowing the pressure to wash off the blood.

"What's the matter?" River's hoarse voice was heard from behind and I pulled my hand away in a quick motion, silently thanking Brandon.

"Reese cut her finger while chopping the herbs," Brandon laughed, shrugging the matter off like nothing.

"Come with me. I'll get you a bandage," River instructed, pulling my hand with him. I followed him, still shocked at his gesture. I thought he'd never look at me again,to be honest.

"Give me your hand," he ordered before gently palming my hand and applying some antiseptic lotion and a small bandage.

"Look River... I'm really sorry. If you don't want me to help you... I'll just go back to New York..." I maffled, playing with the hem of my dress."I know it's difficult and all... you know and I understand if you're angry because Sam called me... I should have known that you didn't want to see me at all... Sor-"

"Shut the fuck up Reese." I remained silent and got up but was instantly pulled back, falling directly on his lap.

"Reese, I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier,I was just angry and being impulsive and I'm sincerely sorry that I broke your heart five years ago. I was still a stupid teen who wasn't taught about how to handle problems," he rambled,my hand still pressed against his chiseled chest.