eleven

"It feels so good to know that you were mine."
- Indiana

Reese
28 February 2017 - New York City

I was still feeling guilty for what happened earlier but I didn't want that to ruin our date. River asked me several times if I wanted to cancel it and that he'd be totally fine with it but I denied.

I got a text from Jim and he was really mad about what River did to his 'perfectly sculpted face' according to him. I ignored the message and didn't tell River either knowing that it would possibly arouse his hatred towards him. I was so shocked when I heard the doorbell ringing five minutes after River left and I laughed, thinking he left something but then a very annoying Jim presented himself in my doorway.

"I miss you," he purred earning a distasteful look from me. I didn't want him back after what he did to me. That night, we went to his friend's party and he got so drunk that we had to call a taxi and when we reached his penthouse, I offered him a glass of water and I flinched when he threw it on the wall behind me but what he did next surprised me forever - he grabbed my hair and smashed his dry lips against mine and when I pushed him away, he punched me in the ribs and then, I ran away, pain killing me.

"Are you ready?" I heard my favorite masculine voice shout and I smiled.
I tugged my dress lower and smacked my lips together.

"Yes!Coming." I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and unlocked my door. I wasn't scared of River barging in while I was changing but I was just keeping both of us sane because River gets turned on very, very quickly.

I opened the door and smiled when I heard River almost choking on his breath.

"Tu es ravissante,ma belle, " he whispered and I eyed him. I think he was speaking in French. In fact, River's father was French and his mom American. They met in high school and got married at a young age.

"Thank you handsome... even though I don't know what you just said." We laughed simultaneously and I blushed. He made me feel so... I don't know. He made me feel everything.

"You'll find out one day." I didn't argue. Normally, I'd argue to know what it means but... I'm growing, right?

River drove us to a park- he knew I liked sunsets. His fingers locked with mine, he led the both of us towards the lake situated in the middle of the park. The mild colored sun was reflecting on the deep water.

My heart did a somersault when I noticed the large blanket placed on the grass and a basket full of food sitting nicely on it.

"Do you love it?" he hesitantly asked, his arm firmly placed around my waist.

"Yes Riv -" I felt his lips collide against mine. My hand instantly traveled to his chest while his roamed around my back.

"I love you Reese."

"I love you."

We sat down, ate, discussed and mostly avoided the thought that he had to get back to Texas the following day. I was eating as fast as I could so that we could get back home early. I really wanted to stay here forever but River had an early flight and knowing River, he was very irregular in his daily life.He'd always go against every rules - I'm surprised that he isn't in prison yet.