seventeen

“Maybe I'm wasting my young years.”
- London Grammar

River
17 March 2017 - San Diego

"End of this conference. We shall meet tomorrow!" I announced as I closed the page of my notebook. These past few days have been tough. Someone had been stealing from us and we couldn't determine who it was.I wasn't free for even an hour : I spent all of my time in the labs, in reunions in San Diego.I didn't even plan to fly here but Cassie found a fingerprint of someone on the store's door and we located his phone here in San Diego.

"Boss, your dad has arrived." Yesterday, dad came.Max informed him if the situation and he agreed to help even though he was also stuck in an important drug traffic in Alabama.

"Bonjour mon fils. Comment fut la réunion?" he asked, patting my shoulders. Dad seemed very chilled and casual but hell, he was such a strict person. [ Goodmorning my son. How was the reunion? ]

"Bien père.Quand rentres-tu en Alabama?" [ Good,father.When are you going back to Alabama? ]

"Bientôt." [ Soon. ]

I nodded in response before walking away to a less noisy place.I hadn't had the chance to call Reese. It's been more than a week since the little incident. I wasn't mad at her for asking that question but however, I was disappointed for lying to her. I couldn't do otherwise or else, she could probably be in laying in a coffin right now.

Just when I was about to fish my phone out of my pocket, the emergency siren was heard. I rushed to the conference room to find the technicians installing devices on the large table.

"Boss,we've found him. Charles Jenkins, ex-worker here." Charles Jenkins was never a honest man. I saw him thrice, on the video surveillance stealing gallons of fuel from me but I didn't really take it into consideration due to the fact that perhaps he really needed them. Thus, I had investigations made concerning his social backgrounds and found out he had five children and was a widow.
For once, I even gave him a raise but sometimes, helping others results in you receiving an enormous butt kick.

"Get everything ready! We're leaving in ten fucking minutes! GET ALL FUCKING GUNS LOADED!" Max screamed at the top of his lungs, an evil smirk plastered on his face.

I ran to the gun department, grabbed a shotgun and rushed to the car. Charles Jenkins had contacts with the Italian Mafia and we couldn't go unarmed. He could be hanging out with them.

"Papa, tu viens?" [ Dad, you coming? ]

"Non fils, j'ai a rencontrer Don Valentino. [ No son,I've got to meet Don Valentino . ]

I nodded and followed Maxwell.Cassie wished us goodluck - she couldn't come because Maxwell forbid her to. He thinks it's dangerous.

_________

As we reached our destination,I didn't lose time in taking action.This side of San Diego was very dangerous with the Mafia underworld involved. Putting my black hood on, I reloaded my guns and placed one of them in the back of my jeans.

"Five to the back door,ten to the left." Maxwell ordered as he shot onto the cameras.Under this building held the most dangerous people like Marcelo Aracino,the Italian Mob.

Maxwell and I rushed to the main door and as soon as the door flied open, we caught sight of two men.
Instead of shooting their heads off, we snapped their necks:the best silent treatment in the Mafia world.