twelve

“Could you find a way to let me down slowly?”
- Alec Benjamin

River
01 March 2017 - Texas

"Morning," I grumbled as I fumbled to pour the juice out of the can. I'm no cook after all. It's been a couple of days since I left New York and not gonna lie, I missed it. A lot.

I had no other choice though. I needed to get some work done or else, there'd be the risk of people getting killed.

"Where you heading at today?" Brandon questioned, his arms draped around his girlfriend's waist. I didn't really appreciate his girl - she was Greek and all but weird as fuck but then,it's none of my business.

"Heading to Maxwell's." I've been selling drugs for some time now and I'm very experienced, judging by experience. Brandon used to sell them too but stopped. We were both lucky because the leader was one of our close friend. I mean, the supposed-to-be leader.

"Tell him to call me when he's free." I nodded before heading back to my room with my plate full of bacon.

My house was the most luxurious in Texas. The staircase made out of white marble, huge windows at each dimension of the house and expensive decorations. All of this and that, because of drugs. That intoxicating white powder.

While devouring my succulent dish, I decided to call Reese. My girlfriend.
I felt so proud of being her boyfriend.

"Hey," her voice rang through my ears as soon as she picked up. "How are you?"

"Hey babe. Missing you, what about you?" Reese wasn't the fully extroverted type of person. I've noticed throughout the years that she gets shy at times - especially when she's with me. Well, that kind of turns me on. I feel so special.

"I miss you too... Huh, Riv, I've got to go. I have my exams in an hour." She hung up instantly without giving me the chance to wish her good luck. I patted my forehand when I realized that a silly smile was plastered across my lips. I decided to text her.

River
Good luck baby. You're gonna kill it!

I didn't expect her to text back. Sometimes, I wonder why I'm not this eager to study. I think it is derived from passion.

Reese
Thanks. I love you.

Well, looks like I was wrong. After spending a few minutes procrastinating, I headed to my closet to get dressed.Maxwell was waiting for me.

I picked up a pair of skinny black ripped jeans and an oversized black tee-shirt. When it came to business, I'd mostly wear black plus a mask, to hide my identity. It gives you the vibes and also, the gang can also be known as The Noirs' which means 'black' in English.

I drove to Maxwell's warehouse and parked my car at the curb of it.

"Salut mec, ça va? " Max's workman, Alejandro asked as soon as he spotted me. [ Hello dude, how are you? ]

"Je vais bien... t'as vu Maxwell?"
[ I'm doing good... have you seen Maxwell?

"Oh oui, il est dans son bureau avec Cassie." I thanked him before heading to Max's office. Cassie was Max's sister. [ Oh yes, he is in his office with Cassie. ]

I didn't really have to know since I was basically considered as family here.

"Rivière!" [ River! ]