five

"The colors of your bruise, I know."
- Jome

Reese

17 February 2017 - Houston, Texas

I groaned as I felt a pair of strong arms encircling my waist and lifting me up.

"Let me go," I grunted, kicking the person with my legs. It was still early in the morning and I was not a morning person, at all.

"Wake up love," he chirped , his hands firmly pressed against both sides of my waist.

"Hello River," I mumbled, pecking his cheeks and I chuckled when I noticed the pout of his lips.I couldn't kiss him - morning breath. I swiftly got out of his grasp and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I locked the door, took a quick shower and changed into a pair of lavender leggings and a white tank top before throwing a black hoodie on.

"You wanna go out for breakfast?" he suggested and I nodded taking phone from my desk and my airpods.Since I've been back to Texas, I've grown fond of Kate's all pair of airpods. Back in New York, I didn't really have time to listen to music since I had to be independent but here, I'm pampered.

By myself, to myself.

We made it to Dunkin Donuts and I opted for an iced coffee and River for a simple black coffee.

"Do you have anything in mind for today?" I asked, switching off my phone. I didn't like to be disturbed especially when I was with River. I'm giving all of myself to him.

"I have an interview to go to," he mumbled and I squealed in excitement.

"That's great River.At what time?"

"10 a.m." My eyes widened as I stared at the clock hung up above the entrance door. It was 9.35 and River had his Interview in twenty minutes! Grabbing his hand, I pulled him out of the café and took his car keys from his jean pocket ;I jumped in the driver's seat and sped off to his house.

"Are you crazy, River? You have an interview in twenty minutes and you're taking me out?" I shouted, frustrated and he chuckled.

"There's nothing funny LeBeau." How could he be so careless and so puerile at the same time?

We finally made it to his house and while he headed to his room, I waited for him in the living room while Brandon was watching T.V.

"Hey Ry," he smiled, switching off the apparatus.

"Hello."

The silence was awkward and I was not a very social person in general.I might be very comfortable speaking to someone but sometimes, I'm not.

"So, how's school? Your mom told me you are very good at Law Studies?"
he asked.

"Oh...um,school is uncool and great simultaneously and... my mom tend to spice up situations," I nervously chuckled.

"I'm sure you do great."

River came a few minutes later and I drove him to his interview. I waved him goodbye and he left his mobile phone with me and rushed inside of the dull colored building.