ten

"Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty."
- Conan Gray

River

28 February 2017 - New York City

Today was my last day in New York. I didn't extend my stay due to the fact that I had to get some job done in Texas. Yes, I sold drugs - Reese wasn't wrong. People always wondered how I always had expensive items when I basically 'didn't work' and that was the reason.

At the age of 19, I started selling. . I
never told anyone about it because it was a restricted action to involve family(except for dad) according to Axel Marx, the leader of the gang and also one of my closest friends.

"Do you want to do anything special today?" Reese questioned, her fingers rummaging through my now, long hair.

Need to get a haircut as soon as possible.

I closed my eyes in appreciation. Usually, I hate when people touch my hair but Reese could even break me into pieces, yet, I'd still love her.

"What do you wanna do?" She huffed.

"It's your last day here, not mine, stupid." She chuckled, playfully slapping me.

"I wanna take you on a date." Her eyes widened.

"Really?"

"Can't I, baby?" I laughed, cupping her cheeks, pressing a kiss on her forehead.

"Okay, okay. You can but only if you let me revise!" she complained and I huffes in annoyance. Since I've been staying in her apartment, she hasn't been revising at all. She's been busy taking care of me.

'I'm a big boy,' I pouted.

'And? Is that a problem?' Her perfect sculpted eyebrow raised up as she swatted my arm.

'Screw you Reese. Screw you!' I fake cried.

As said, she spent her day in front of her desk, multiple highlighters sprawled across the table, multicolored pens in hand and of course, her big vibrant documents.
I loved how she was so passionated for her studies. She has always dreamt of becoming a famous lawyer. She likes to fight for people.

Like she fought for me.

Yesterday, while she went to the store,
I also sneaked out, somehow. I bought a thin silver ring for her with the letter 'R' engraved on it. I was planning to officially make her mine again tonight. I needed to have the reassurance that she is mine when I leave for Texas. I'd only go there to end some business and deals and then, I'd come back.

Since Reese was busy studying and always cooked me lunch, I decided to return the favor.

I, River LeBeau, a stupid French- American was attempting a cooking session(that I found of YouTube). I tried cooking twice in my life but the food wasn't as succulent as Reese's or my mom's. Reese once tried to teach me how to bake a cupcake but instead of a blue glazed cupcake, it turned into a burnt one.

Ew. The taste of it.

I slowly extracted the ingredients from the drawers. There was so much drawers that I was going crazy.