Chapter Twelve - The Symbol Of Peace

As All Might woke up, he found himself in his home of Terra Musutafu. He quickly found that Terra Musutafu was in flames. A voice soon called out to him.

Dark Aerrow(Voice): Some Symbol of Peace you turned out to be. Look at your Atmos. Look at all this chaos and destruction. 

All Might: YOUR TRICKS WILL NOT WORK ON ME, YOU DASTARDLY VILLAIN! I WILL END YOUR REIGN OF TERROR NO MATTER THE COSTS! 

???: ALL MIGHT!

All Might turned to see his mortal enemy All For One standing before him. Seeing his mortal enemy standing before him shocked All Might. Despite this, All Might remained composed. 

All For One: I've long awaited this day, All Might. I will kill the Symbol of Peace this day. 

All Might: YOU ARE MOST WELCOME TO TRY, ALL FOR ONE! BUT KNOW THAT I WILL NOT GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!

In that moment, All Might and All For One exchanged looks at one another before they began their fight. What followed was a titanic clash between All Might and All For One. In the course of the fight, All For One soon put All Might on the defensive. As the Symbol of Peace defended himself, Dark Aerrow simply laughed. 

Dark Aerrow(Voice): And so you continue an endless cycle. A Symbol of Peace clashes with a Symbol of Chaos. How many times have I seen that story play out. It's like a wheel that's simultaneously still and in motion. A constant retelling of the same story. How boring. That's why I'm going to break the wheel and bring everything to a sudden stop!

All Might knew that Dark Aerrow was trying to taunt him. All Might was all too familiar about the Villain tendency to taunt him. Despite these taunts, All Might continued to smile in the face of this great evil. 

All Might: YOUR TAUNTS WILL NOT WORK ON ME! I'VE FACED FAR TOO MANY VILLAINS TO FALL FOR THAT TIRED OLD TRICK! 

Dark Aerrow(Voice): We'll see about that.

All Might continued to fight All For One with everything he had. The Symbol of Peace knew thatt too much was at stake for him to give up. He would not give up no matter what. 

All For One: Why do you keep on fighting? We both know this will end one way, with you dead at my feet. 

All Might: NOT IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT! I BEAT YOU ONCE, ALL FOR ONE! I WILL DO IT AGAIN! I WILL FIGHT YOU AND I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

All For One: We both know that you cannot fight forever, All Might. One of these days, you will die whether it be by my hand or the hand of another. And when you die, Atmos will lose it's Symbol of Peace and all that you've worked to build will in the end will fall apart. 

As All For One said that, All Might's mind fell to the day he met Izuku Midoriya. He remembered meeting him in his home after watching him face off against a gang. 

All Might(Past): YES YOUNG MIDORIYA! I SAW YOUR ACTIONS AT THE ALLEYWAY! I SAW YOU DEFENDING THAT GIRL FROM THAT GANG! EVEN WHEN YOU WERE OUTMATCHED, YOU STILL KEPT YOUR HEAD UP AND FACED IT HEAD ON! THAT RIGHT THERE IS THE MAKINGS OF A TRUE SKY KNIGHT! THERE ARE STORIES ABOUT EVERY SKY KNIGHT AND HERO! FROM LIGHTING STRIKE OF THE STORM HAWKS TO EVEN MYSELF, THEY ALL SHARE ONE THING IN COMMON: THEIR BODIES MOVED BEFORE THEY HAD A CHANCE TO THINK! 

Midoriya: You were there?!

All Might: I WAS ON PATROL WHEN IT HAPPENED! I WAS ABOUT TO HELP WHEN THE GIRL CAME IN AND SAVED YOU! FROM THEN ON, I SAW POTENTIAL IN YOU, YOUNG MIDORIYA! WHICH IS WHY I OFFER YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN MY SKY KNIGHT ACADEMY TO BECOME A SKY KNIGHT AND BEING PART OF A SQUADRON OF YOUR OWN!

All Might remembered the tears in Midoriya's eyes as he offered the young boy a chance to live out his dreams. 

Midoriya: Why would you want me to be a Sky Knight?!

All Might(Past): AS I SAID BEFORE, I SEE POTENTIAL IN YOU! I'VE SEARCHED ALL OF TERRA MUSUTAFU FOR POTENTIAL SKY KNIGHTS WHO ARE WILLING TO STAND UP TO THE EVIL OF THE CYCLONIAN EMPIRE! YOU ARE AMONG 14 OTHER HOPEFULS! WILL YOU JOIN YOUNG IZUKU MIDORIYA?!

Midoriya: I....I will! T.....thank you.....All Might! 

In that moment, All Might took Izuku Midoriya in as his protege. He saw in him a potential successor to the title of Symbol of Peace. 

All Might: YOU'RE WRONG, ALL FOR ONE! WHEN I DIE, I HAVE FAITH THAT THE NEXT GENERATION WILL PICK UP WHERE I LEFT OFF! I HAVE FAITH THAT THE NEXT GENERATION WILL LEAD ATMOS ON THE PATH TO PEACE! BUT UNTIL THAT DAY COMES, I WILL CONTINUE TO FIGHT WITH EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE! 

In that moment, All Might found his resolve to keep going. He would fight for not only for the people on his Atmos, but for all the people across the Multiverse.  All Might would not give up as he kept that smile on his face. As All Might clashed against his mortal enemy, Dark Aerrow simply watched with amusement. Time was running out as the Blackest Night was nigh. Despite this, the Symbol of Peace would fight on and he would never give up.