Chapter Sixteen - An Emotional Goodbye

After defeating Dark Aerrow and ended the threat of the Blackest Night, the Storm Hawks and the heroes of the Multiverse exited the Forbidden City and met with Arygyn.

Aerrow: We did it, Arygyn. The Dark Aerrow has been defeated.

Arygyn: Then the threat is over and the Blackest Night has been prevented. You have all done well.

All Might: IT WAS QUITE THE STRUGGLE, BUT WERE ABLE TO EMERGE VICTORIOUS!

All Might's response brought in some chuckles as well as confused looks. Arygyn then approached the Sky Knights from the Multiple.

Arygyn: Thank you for your part to end this crisis. Thanks to you all, peace has been restored to not only this world, but to all the worlds across the Multiverse.

Jedi Piper: We did only what we had to do. We could not stand by and allow this being of darkness to destroy all of reality.

Arygyn: With the threat ended, I shall send you all back to your universes. Know that when you return, you will have no memory of this and time will not have passed in your universes.

As Arygyn said this, the alternate Sky Knights looked to each other.

Gargoyle Aerrow: Shame, this would've made quite the story to tell to my Clan. But if that is the price for peace, so be it.

Arygyn: I will give you all a chance to say your goodbyes.

With that, the alternate Sky Knights approached the Storm Hawks to say their goodbyes.

Gargoyle Aerrow: It was an honor to fight this crisis alongside you, Storm Hawks. Your Atmos is in good hands.

Gargoyle Aerrow then saluted the Storm Hawks. The Storm Hawks returned this gesture with salutes of their own.

Jedi Piper: Even though this crisis may end, there will be many more in your journey. Know that you do not face this journey alone. May the Force be with you, Storm Hawks.

Piper: May the Force be with you, Piper.

As Jedi Piper bowed her head, All Might smiled.

All Might: HAHAHA! IF YOU FEEL YOURSELF HITTING UP AGAINST YOUR LIMIT, REMEMBER FOR WHAT CAUSE YOU TO CLENCH YOUR FIST... REMEMBER WHY YOU STARTED DOWN THIS PATH, AND LET THAT MEMORY CARRY YOU BEYOND YOUR LIMIT! AND ALWAYS GO BEYOND, PLUS ULTRA!

The Storm Hawks were beyond speechless by All Might's inspiring words. It was at this moment that they saw why he was the Symbol of Peace on his world.

Junko: We will, All Might!

Lark was silent for a moment as she didn't quite know what to say. This Atmos was drastically different from her own. Lark then smiled.

Lark: Never give up, Storm Hawks. The sky is never the limit.

It felt odd to hear their arch enemy say those words even though she was an alternate version of her. Aerrow then smiled.

Aerrow: Thank you all. You may not remember us when you return to your universes, but we'll never forget you.

The alternative Sky Knights smiled upon Aerrow's words. They all saw him and the Storm Hawks as true heroes and were happy to have fought alongside them. Arygyn then used his magic to transport them back to their respective universes. It was an emotional goodbye as the alternate Sky Knights were returned to their homes.

Stork: That was....more emotional than I thought.

Junko: I wonder what they'll do when they get home?

Aerrow: The same thing all heroes do, Junko. They'll continue their fights and never give up.

With that emotional goodbye, the Storm Hawks were approached by Arygyn.

Arygyn: You have done well, Storm Hawks. Thanks to you, the Blackest Night has been averted.

Aerrow: We weren't alone, Arygyn. We had friends to help us end this crisis. We couldn't have done it without them.

Arygyn couldn't help but feel proud of Aerrow and the Storm Hawks. They had not only prevented an existential crisis, but they did so with hope and conviction in their hearts.

Arygyn: You kids never cease to amaze me. You've come a long way from being kids playing at being heroes. Now you're the real deal. Trillions upon trillions of lives can now rest easily, knowing that the Storm Hawks saved them.

The Storm Hawks then said their goodbyes to Arygyn and boarded the Condor. As the Condor took off, Arygyn smiled to himself.

Arygyn: The future is in good hands.

Arygyn then transformed into a colorful bird and flew back to the Guardian Sanctuary. Meanwhile on the Condor, Aerrow and the Storm Hawks were reflecting on what they had just been through. They had not only ended an existential crisis, they had witnessed the dark origin of Dark Aerrow. 

Finn: Wow....what a day. We save Atmos once again....

Stork: And nearly got killed....along with everyone else. 

Junko: At least we saved the day!

Piper then saw Aerrow who was still recovering from Dark Aerrow's final attack. 

Piper: Are you okay?

Aerrow: I'll be fine. 

Piper then sat down next to Aerrow. She held his hand as Radarr left the two alone. She then hugged him. 

Piper: I'm....I'm glad you're all right. 

Aerrow: Don't worry, Piper. I'm not going anywhere. 

Piper: So...what now?

Aerrow: Now we keep going. We continue doing our duties as Sky Knights. Just because one threat is over doesn't mean more won't show up. For us, the sky is never the limit!

In that moment, Aerrow's resolve strengthened. He would continue to lead the Storm Hawks through whatever challenges would await them. For now, peace had been restored.