17

It was 4:30 when Cole and I got into the car to drive to his parents house. I was so nervous, my heart was pounding! Cole seen the scared look in my eyes. "Baby what's wrong? You look nervous." He asked as he looked over at me "well I am very nervous to meet your parents. I just don't want them to hate me." I replied

"They won't hate you" he said as he geld my hand.
_________

We finally  arrived at Cole's parents house. It wasn't that far of a drive but it was a little far. We walked up to the door and Cole held my hand. He could tell I was nervous. "It's ok they won't hate you. I promise." He said kissing my forehead. Then it happened the door opened. Standing there was Cole's mom and dad staring at me. "Hello Cole! How are you? And might we ask who this young lady is?" His mother said "Mom and dad I am great and this is y/n also my girlfriend." He said giving my hand a light squeeze.

We finally walked in and took a seat at the table. We talked and talked. They were the nicest people on the planet. But then Cole's mom asked a question that I knew it was gonna be hard for me to answer. "So are you guys gonna go visit y/n parents for New Years?" She asked. All I remember was Cole looking at me as he set his hand on my thigh calming me down. "Cole it's okay I can tell them. Well me and my parents aren't very close. They abused me at a young age and I was also was abused by my ex boyfriend. I almost ended my life after I arrived at college but Cole saved me from doing that." I explained to his family. Cole gave me a kiss on the cheek after saying everything because he knew it was a hard subject to speak about. "Oh my we are so sorry. We didn't mean to bring it up" They said with sad looking faces. "It's ok."

_________
It was late so we decided to go back. As soon as we stepped outside we felt snow hit our noses. I jumped into Cole's arms And kissed him. "Thank you Cole for making me stronger and making me feel worth it." I said hugging him. "I love you." He said kissing me on my forehead.