𝐢𝐢. THE TRAIN RIDE OF DOOM

▬▬▬▬▬ CHAPTER TWO ▬▬▬▬▬

ESMERELDA HAD KEPT THE CONTENTS of her dream a secret. She was still in disbelief of it. All this time she thought her father was Sirius Black, the mass murderer now escapee of Azkaban when it was really his younger brother, the dead Death Eater which... honestly wasn't much of an improvement, but there was no use complaining. 

That explained why Andromeda always looked at her so inquisitively and thoughtfully... She probably reminded her too much of her favorite cousin. She even said it herself that she was nothing like Sirius. 

Everything was so screwed up. First she thought her godly parent was a god, then it turned out to be a goddess. Then she was told her dad was a serial killer, only to find out that it was actually the other serial killer, Regulus Black. Couldn't anything in her life be straightforward for once? 

Next thing I know, I'm actually a dAUghTeR oF ArTemIS and Hecate just adopted me to keep me 'safe'. She inwardly snorted. 

She was then tugged out of her thoughts by Lou Ellen's voice. 

"Is that them?" The younger girl asked. 

"Huh?" Esmerelda snapped her head up to where her sister was staring at and saw Ted and Andromeda Tonks walking up to them. Diagon Alley was bustling with incoming Hogwarts students and their parents, so it took a while for the pair to reach them. 

"Hello Esmerelda." Andromeda greeted pleasantly. She turned her attention to Lou Ellen. "You must be her sister, Lou Ellen, yes?" 

Lou Ellen's cheeks had turned pink as she nodded and mumbled a 'nice to meet you'. Esmerelda rose a brow at that but kept quiet. 

"I see you've grown over the summer." Ted noted. 

She grinned in reply. "Yep. I'm 5'4" now and still growing."

Lou Ellen grumbled something under her breath and Esmerelda inwardly snickered. The poor girl seemed to be eternally stuck at 5'1" but to be fair, she was still young and had a few more years left to grow. I keep telling her to eat her beans and greens, but she never listens. If she stays short forever, it's on her

As they walked to the next shop, Ted fell into step with her and whispered discreetly. "So, uh, that coin purse you mentioned... it really gives you unlimited money?" 

She knew exactly where this conversation was going. "You want me to buy you something, don't you?"

"No, no, 'course not..." He trailed off, but she noticed the way his eyes lingered on Quality Quidditch Supplies as they passed by. Or more specifically, the advert plastered on the window. With her glasses on, she was able to read it perfectly. 

THE FIREBOLT!

This state-of-the-art racing broom sports a streamlined superfine handle of ash, treated with a diamond-hard polish and hand-numbered with its own registration number. Each individually selected birch twig in the broomtail has been honed to aerodynamic perfection, giving the Firebolt unsurpassable balance and pinpoint precision. The firebolt has an acceleration of 150 miles an hour in ten seconds and incorporates an unbreakable Braking Charm. Price on request.