𝐢𝐢𝐢. THE MAN IN CHAINS

▬▬▬▬▬ CHAPTER THREE ▬▬▬▬▬

THE MORNING BEFORE HER FIRST class of the day, Esmerelda was summoned to Dumbledore's office. Professor Sprout was already there waiting for her with Dumbledore.

She had no idea what she had done now. She was pretty sure she had done nothing wrong, but judging by the warm smile Professor Sprout greeted her with, whatever conversation they were about to have had nothing to do with reprimanding her for something.

"Good morning," she greeted them.

"Esmerelda," Professor Sprout greeted back fondly, though her eyes seem to scan down the grey streak in her hair.

"Miss Esmerelda, I brought you here to speak to you about a few things. Nothing that will take too long." Dumbledore assured and she nodded slowly. "With the permission of your activities director, Chiron, I have informed the House Heads of your demigod heritage. This is so you have more adults to rely on should any issues ever arise, like a monster entering the barrier, or another attack."

Again, she nodded. She could see some logic about this, but the thought of Snape knowing about what she really was bothered her a little. She could already see him sneering at her for 'thinking she deserved better treatment for being half-god'. She inwardly sighed, her potions class would not go well... At least I don't have it until tomorrow.

Professor Sprout cleared her throat, indicating that she wanted to speak up next. "It also came to my attention that you've been practicing advanced magic because you feared for your safety..." She said solemnly. "Because of that, we will allow you to keep furthering your studies, though I implore you to know your limits please. In addition to that, I apologize for constantly scolding you."

She blushed sheepishly. "It's alright, professor. None of you guys knew and you were only trying to keep me safe."

"I must admit, that I am impressed with you succeeding the Animagus process. How old were you when you finally completed it?" Dumbledore asked curiously.

"Twelve."

'Twelve', Professor Sprout mouthed to herself, looking stunned and horrified at the same time.

Dumbledore smiled in amazement. "Very impressive. You would be the youngest ever to become an Animagus... shame we cannot put you on the record since what you did was illegal..." And he looked truly disappointed in that. "Alas, now on to the next matters, hopefully you've remembered that Mr. Cedric Diggory will be tutoring you on the lessons you were gone for?"

She nodded.

"Good. Your professors will give you extra assignments to make sure you're learning properly. They've also agreed to give you an extended amount of time since you also have your own assignments from your current classes." Dumbledore explained.