𝐱𝐢𝐯. THE FULL MOON

▬▬▬▬ CHAPTER FOURTEEN ▬▬▬▬

ESMERELDA WAS GREETED WITH SEVERAL different reactions.

"Esmerelda, what are you doing here?!" Remus gawked, scrambling up to his feet.

"Esmerelda!" Sirius cried out happily. "Dear Merlin, Antichrist, what took you so long?!"

"Bloody hell, I think he's dead...!" Ron croaked, looking down at Snape's body in horror.

"You attacked a teacher, you—you—!" Hermione hyperventilated.

Harry just stared, jaw dropped. She glanced over at him, then had to suppress a shudder when she sensed death on him.

But now wasn't the right time to talk about that.

She casually stepped over the body and strode into the room, handing the bag of In n Out into Sirius' hands. "Here. Your water's in there too, by the way. Now, can anyone explain to me what happened while I was gone?"

"Y-you're working with Sirius Black?!" Harry spluttered.

She blinked at him, "Well yeah, he's my uncle." She said bluntly.

"Uncle?!" Everyone repeated, even Remus who finally managed to stand.

"H-hold on, Esmerelda, he's your father, why do you—?"

"—He's your FATHER?!" Harry's voice rose an octave.

"No, I-I lied to you about that, Remus. It's a long story but if this goes well, then I'll explain everything." Sirius said, shooting Esmerelda a pleading look that she nodded at. She understood that he wanted to inform his friend about the demigod world and honestly, after everything Remus had been through because of her, he deserved to know the truth.

"So!" Esmerelda clapped her hands together. "I'm guessing you told them about our little rat problem? I mean, that's why they're all here, right?"

Sirius looked up sheepishly from the burger he was devouring. "Er, actually they're here because I dragged the Weasley kid in after I sniffed out Peter on him. Harry and his friend only followed and Remus came afterwards, and then Snivellus happened, but you handled that part beautifully—thanks, by the way. We haven't really managed to get the kids to believe me yet, but hey, Moony's on my side!" He added brightly, sending the brunette a grateful look.

Esmerelda turned to the trio. "They're telling the truth." She told them calmly.

"Why should we believe you?" Harry said tensely. "He's your uncle—father—whatever, so of course you'd side with him!"

"Then it's time we offered you some proof," Remus said before Esmerelda could make the decision of using her Charmspeak or not. "You, boy—give me Peter, please. Now."