𝐱𝐱𝐱. THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

▬▬▬ CHAPTER THIRTY ▬▬▬

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!! 🎄🎄🎄 I was gonna update yesterday as a Christmas Eve present but I had to help the fam out with preparing the party. And no, we had no visitors. It was just us, but we wanted to celebrate anyways. My nephew was VERY sad that nobody bought him a playstation 5. Kind of our fault for getting his poor hopes up tho since every time he cried about wanting one we'd say "you'll get one on Christmas" to shut him up, but oh well 😂 😂

A FEW DAYS AFTER THE Battle of the Labyrinth, Chiron decided to hold a war meeting in the Big House. Esmerelda came with since she had important information to tell everyone regarding the Titan Army.

Chiron, the cabin counselors, and Esmerelda filed into the room. Dionysus didn't bother joining since he was still grieving over his son's death. Nobody could really blame him.

Once the meeting settled down, Esmerelda took a deep breath and started to speak up. "I have some pretty bad news... it's about the Titan Army. I learned from Ethan—"

"—Hold on, Ethan Nakamura?" Katie interrupted. "What were you doing with him?"

She sighed. "Long story short, Ethan found out Luke was planning to use me to host Kronos—which was why he wanted me to join him so badly. Ethan didn't want me to die, so he worked together with Alabaster to sneak out and find me in the Labyrinth before Luke could get me. Anyways, he managed to get me out of the Labyrinth and he warned me to stay away from Camp Half-Blood because of the attack and all. He said we wouldn't win, that their numbers—their demigod numbers—were by the thousands."

"The thousands? How is that possible?" Clarisse demanded. "Camp only had a little over a hundred campers before Luke started his army. How the Hades did he managed to get a thousand demigods to join him when there was already so few of us?"

"Maybe he managed to get newly-discovered demigods," Travis shrugged.

"But that's still impossible." Percy frowned. "I mean, we lost about eighty campers. That would mean he managed to find over nine hundred demigods roaming around America. How could he do that? I mean, we got a bunch of satyrs here and they could only find a handful demigods per month."

"Percy's got a point," Beckendorf agreed. "There's no way he could've found that many demigods in a few years. It's gotta be something else."

"Wait, how do we even know Ethan was being honest with you?" Connor asked. He turned to Esmerelda. "I mean, he's Ethan. He might've been lying just to scare you off."

"No, I think he was telling the truth," Annabeth said darkly. "Did you see how many of them attacked the camp? There was so many of them. The entire camp was nearly flooded by all the enemy demigods. There were hundreds of them, maybe even thousands like he said. Ethan wasn't lying."