𝐱𝐢. DOG HUNTING

▬▬▬▬▬ CHAPTER ELEVEN ▬▬▬▬▬

I've decided to update today because BIDEN WONNNNN!!! OMFG YESSSS!! I GET TO KEEP MOST/ALL OF MY RIGHTS!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 You have no idea how fucking relieved I am omg 🥺 🥺 🥺 yessssss, freedom from the evil orange at lasstttt 

ESMERELDA SPENT CHRISTMAS AND THE New Years in the Fields of Punishment with her dad, strategizing and theorizing about Peter Pettigrew. She quickly learned that her dad was sharp, like child-of-Athena level smart. Why didn't she inherit his brains? That was so unfair.

Today was the last day of her winter break. Regulus was aware of it since he had been tense and sad all day, as if he would never see her again. She had already promised that she would visit him soon, but the uncertainty in his eyes didn't waver.

"What happened to your hair, Esmerelda?" He asked suddenly.

She froze.

"You have a streak of white—no, grey, right over there..." He trailed off, pointing at it with his brows furrowed in confusion.

She nervously picked at her jeans. "Oh, uh, well, it just happened last summer."

"'It just happened', you say? So this was something you had no control over?" He asked suspiciously. He was freakishly sharp and observant, much to her chagrin.

"My friend said it was because of stress," she mumbled, shrugging. "Homework and stuff."

His eyes narrowed even more. "You were doing homework over summer break?"

If the Underworld wasn't so cold, she would've been sweating buckets right now. Swallowing thickly, she looked over at him and smiled nervously. "Yeah, um, I wasn't doing so well in my second year so I had to do summer school to make up for it."

"Hogwarts doesn't offer summer school." He stated. "That's a muggle thing."

She gnawed on the inside of her lip, avoiding his stare.

He sighed. "You should remember that I attended Hogwarts too."

Oh shit, she had completely forgotten.

"You should also learn to lie better, dear." He smirked at her. She was a terrible liar, which was so... Hufflepuff of her.

He was still reeling at the fact that his own daughter was a Hufflepuff but... to be honest, he actually quite preferred that. While he thought Slytherin was the best house, he wouldn't want to have his kid there. He knew from first-hand experience that they could be rather nasty and cunning and his daughter was much too soft for that. Gryffindors were also awful; they were loud, brash, and more stupidly suicidal than brave. And the Ravenclaw House was full of uppity know-it-alls. So really, Hufflepuff was better for her because it had the least bad influences.