𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. MASTERPIECE

▬▬▬ CHAPTER TWENTY THREE ▬▬▬

Are people aware that this is book THREE??? I've gotten some concerning comments (from Wattpad at least, my Quotev readers are fine I think) that some readers actually weren't aware that there are previous books 😭😭😭 guys the book number is in the book covers, the book titles, the summary, and the foreword 😭😭😭😭 I think I should just put "THIS IS BOOK ______" at the very beginning of the foreword so it'll be the first thing ppl see cuz in Wattpad, I put that info at the end. I'll try to find a way to make it more obvious next time 😂

EDIT: I did it guys. If you go back to the Foreword of every book, I added 'BOOK ____' to the chapter in very big caps 👍 👍 👍

PERCY APPROACHED ESMERELDA AND NICO the next morning as everyone else got themselves ready to leave. Eurytion was somewhere outside tending to the cattle.

"I don't think it's safe for you to go back to the Labyrinth," Percy told her. "You should stay here with Nico."

She frowned. "I was already planning on it... Do you think I'm in danger or something? Because I remember back in Alcatraz Grover mentioning something about me 'still being alive'..."

He grimaced and scratched the back of his head. "Er, well, the prophecy... sort of mentioned you... possibly dying."

"What." She said flatly.

"What were the lines?!" Nico demanded angrily. He was starting to really hate prophecies right now. The last prophecy he heard gave the most vaguest of warnings about his sister dying and now this new one apparently decreed that the only person who didn't push him away at camp could possibly die too.

Percy cleared his throat and recited, "But the witch and the scarred one are ripe for the picking, and only one shall be spared from their destined killing. 'The witch' is most likely you. We don't really know who the 'scarred one' could be, but the prophecy pretty much states that either one of you is destined to be killed."

"Oh," she said shakily, her face turning to a sickly shade of white. She thought of her last moments with her uncle and wished she had given a more satisfying goodbye for him. Her mind then traveled over to her father and thought, hey, at least I'd be joining him in the Underworld soon!

Meanwhile, Nico was busy scanning Percy from head to toe, as if he was already looking for any scars to indicate that he could be the one to die instead.

"So... yeah," Percy said pathetically. "You should stay here. Stick together. Watch out for each other and stuff."

"We'll stay here," Esmerelda decided, then turned to Nico. "Right?"

He nodded in acceptance.

Their confirmations were enough to get Percy to relax. He let out a sigh of relief. "Good. Eurytion already said that he doesn't mind. Once we're done with the quest, we'll be back to pick you guys up."