07

"A quirk assessment test?!" The class gaped at their homeroom teacher as they stood at the open field.

Miyasaki watched as the girl with the brown hair looked panicked, "What about the entrance ceremony? The orientation?"

"If you're going to become a hero, you don't have time for such leisurely events. UA's selling point is how unrestricted its school traditions are. That's also how the teachers run their classes." Aizawa said as looked at them over his shoulder. He took his cellphone out of the pocket of his trousers. "You kids have been doing these since junior high, too right? Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to used your quirks." He flashed his cellphone to the class.

"The country still uses averages taken from results from students not using their quirks. It's not rational. The Ministry of Education is procrastinating." He drawled in a lazy tone.

His eyes then shifted to Miyasaki's making the hairs on the back of her neck rise.

Oh kami, he's about to do something. 

As if confirming her thoughts, "Miyasaki, you finished at the top of the practical exam, right? Bakugo, you scored second." he said causing both of them to look at Aizawa.

He turned to Bakugo, "In junior high, what was your best result for the softball throw?"

Oh right. He knows I didn't get to do those things before. How considerate of you Eraserhead.

"67 meters," He answered.

"Then, try doing it with you quirk," Aizawa said, briefly connecting his eyes with Miyasaki's again.

I'll be doing that too, huh?

She caught on to Aizawa's thinking as they watched Bakugo go to the middle of the circle painted on the ground.

"You can do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle." He instructed. "Hurry up. Give it all you've got."

They all watched as Bakugo pitched the ball, using his explosive quirk to propel the ball farther than normal.

"Die!" 

"Die?" She heard Midoriya whisper at her side. 

"That is the most rational way to form the foundation of a hero," Aizawa said before flashing the results on his phone.

705.2 meters

Miyasaki grew twisted smile on her face. The pomeranian glared at her.

"What are you smiling about huh?!" he yelled at Miyasaki, drawing everyone's attention to her.

"Now, now, no need to yell you angry pomeranian." She said as she approached the circle, catching the ball Aizawa had tossed her way. If Bakugo's quirk got the ball that far then how far would the one who took first place in the exam go?

"Who you calling a pomeranian?!" Bakugo started to stomp towards her, sparks coming out of his palms. Before he could get close, he was stopped by a cloth that wrapped itself around him.

They all turned to Aizawa who was glaring at Bakugo. He was using his capture weapon.

"Don't make me use my quirk on you." Aizawa growled at the explosive blond before shooting Masuyo a warning glare.

She shrugged and turned back to what she was doing. 

Use your quirk huh?

Closing her eyes and breathing deeply, she focused. She decided to use air with this one. Slowly releasing her breath, she backed up and took another deep breath. Focus. She could feel Aizawa's eyes on her.