19

Back in the arena, she had seen Hizashi leave the booth for lunch but not Aizawa so she assumed that he most likely slept there instead. He had her lunch so she was on her way to the booth so he could feed her. They were still keeping her from using her arms too much. 

She was walking along a hallway when she heard two familiar voices coming from the stairwell. She wisely remained unnoticed by the two pro heroes as she listened to their conversation.

"I haven't seen you since the rescue mission months ago, huh? I saw you, so I thought I'd say hi. Miyasaki always waits for you to visit, you know." All Might greeted.

"I see. Well, you've already done that. Leave." Endeavor snubbed him. It was so different from the tone that he would use on her, "You think I'd have tea with you? What a joke. I'm going to go to the restroom."

"Don't be so cold! Your son, Shoto, did wonderfully without even using half of his power. Is it because he was taught well?"

"What are you trying to say?"

"Why, I seriously want to know how to raise the next generation."

"Do you think I'd tell you? You look clueless as usual, and it's getting on my nerves."

"Gomen." She could hear the meekness in All Might's voice. He was always so gentle with others.

"Just remember this. I will make that into a hero that will surpass you one day. That was why I created him."

Miyasaki's eyes widened at what he said, What did he mean 'created'?

"What are you...?" All Might asked in confusion.

"He's in his rebellious stage right now, but he will definitely surpass you. I'll make sure of it! As for Miyasaki... It's best that I keep my distance from her now that she has met my son." 

Miyasaki's eyes were shadowed as her head bent down. Her hand left hand hung limply to her side while her other hand covered her mouth as if to quell the rage that built up inside of her. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. It all began to click in her mind. Now she understood why Todoroki was showing so much aggression today of all days. His father was the reason why. 

Create? Was he like me?

She might not be close to the half and half boy but that didn't mean she did not understand the feeling of being a mere tool made to defeat or surpass All Might. She felt disgusted by what Endeavor had done to his son. Most of all, she felt somewhat betrayed and torn by his admission. Endeavor, the one who saved her from the people who bred her to become a tool was the same as them. 

She heard footsteps coming her way and her defense mechanism kicked in. Her eyes have gone pitch black as she locked every ounce of emotion she had in the recesses of her mind. 

Eventually, Endeavor rounded the corner to see her standing there.

"Masuyo-"

She held up a hand as she picked her head up and stared straight through him with the coldest eyes he had ever seen. She heard him give a shaky sigh before attempting to reach her.

"Do not touch me." Her cold tone stopped him from doing so.

"You heard." It wasn't a question.

Miyasaki didn't say anything to him and merely walked passed him to All Might who heard Endeavor. He was standing at the landing of the staircase, looking at her in concern. He had seen the change in her eyes as well. 

"Yagi-kun, please tell Aizawa that I'm not hungry and won't be eating lunch." She spoke so quietly that if it weren't for the fact that there weren't any other people there, they wouldn't have heard her. Without another word, she left them in the hallway. Both pros stared at her retreating figure. One had a concerned expression and the other was shamefaced. She didn't care at the moment.