18

"Deku! Miyasaki! You were amazing!" Uraraka threw her arms in the air, walking towards Midoriya and Miyasaki as she gushed about their performance in the race. 

Miyasaki blinked in surprise having not expected a compliment coming from anyone. Uraraka didn't notice the lost look on her face as she went on. 

Nonetheless, she raised an arm to pat her friend's head gently. She decided to do the thing Toshinori did to her when he complimented her on something she had done. That, and she didn't really know what else to do, "You did great as well, Ura-chan."

Uraraka stopped talking and stared at her for a solid minute until tears suddenly started to form in her eyes. 

"What? Did I say something wrong?" She asked a little uncomfortable with the tears. She looked towards Midoriya for help but he just shrugged his shoulder looking lost as well.

Turning back to Uraraka, she saw that she was staring at her with wide puppy eyes. 

"Why are you crying?" 

Uraraka grabbed her shoulders, invading her space as she stared into her eyes. Miyasaki flinched but Uraraka was too absorbed in what she was doing to notice, "You gave me a nickname!"

"You wanted me... to give you... a nickname?" 

Uraraka nodded vigorously and gave her a profound, "Yes!"

She rubbed the back of her neck, "Okay..." She couldn't understand Uraraka's line of thinking at the moment. 

Half listening to Uraraka, who kept beaming at her as she talked once again, she looked over her friend's shoulder to find Iida looking absolutely gloomy having lost the first place. This caused her to purse her lips before gently taking Uraraka's hands off of her person and marched towards the guy, unconsciously dragging the other two along with her.

"Tenya!" She stood in front of his hunched form as she let go of the two.

"Yes?" Iida looked up at her miserably.

Irk marks formed on her head. It irritated her to see him act that way. She karate-chopped his head and said, "Why the hell are you looking so down? Chin up! You did very well, Tenten."

He looked at her dumbly as she gave him a nickname before realizing that she had complimented him. His eyes lit up and bowed, his glasses almost falling off of him, "Thank you, Miyasaki-san!" He straightened up and made his robotic gestures, "Also, I would like to say congratulations to you and Mirdoriya. You both did amazingly well!" 

"Thanks, Tenten," She said ruffled the class rep's hair.

They heard the crowd roar as the rest of the participants came to a finish. 

"The first game of the first-year stage is finally over. Now, take a look at the results!" Midnight announced.

All their eyes went to the screen as it flashed the results. The top 42 students made it through to the next round. 

"The real competition begins next! Give it your all!" Midnight announced as she showed them the next game, "Now then, here is the second game."

"Cavalry Battle!"

This would be interesting.

Some students started to talk while Midnight was explaining earning them a scolding from the R-rated hero before moving on with her explanation of the point value assigned to the participants based on their ranking in the race. In this instance, both Midoriya and Miyasaki got the 10,000,000.

"Uh, Midnight?" Miyasaki spoke up, "I believe I should be placed as second?"

Her question brought up a wave of confusion from the others so she explained, "I actually came in second and Midoriya finished first. If you have a recording of our race, you can replay it to the millisecond he passed through the finish line."