23

"Okay, let's start presenting names starting with those who are ready," Midnight announced after giving the class thirty minutes to figure out what they want their hero names to be.

Looking around, Miyasaki noticed her classmates stiffen at the thought of presenting their names in front.

Unsurprisingly, it was Aoyama who was the first one to go upfront and present his. Albeit, his name was too long making Midnight suggest a few changes to it. Next to him was Ashido however Midnight rejected hers because of how weird it sounded.

The first decent hero name came from Tsuyu making the others sigh in relief and cheer. After that, things started to go smoothly. That is until Bakugo went in front with his King Explosion Murder. 

Miyasaki shamelessly laughed at how predictable he was of his name. She honestly expected him to think of something like that. She laughed, even more, when Midnight struck his name down making him shout profanities in her direction for laughing. 

After Uraraka who came up with 'Uravity' for herself, Midnight pointed out the remaining few who hadn't presented theirs yet, "All that's left is Bakugo, who needs to rethink his, Iida, Midoriya, and Masuyo, right?"

Miyasaki stiffened as she realized that she hadn't written a single name for herself on the whiteboard. She had absolutely no idea what to call herself as a hero.

Iida opted to use his first name as Todoroki did. Midoriya even went up in front and used the name Katsuki gave him, 'Deku'.

When the others asked if he was sure about using the name, he explained that he wanted to change the meaning of it by using it as his.

That got her to the idea of using her name. It wasn't because she was copying Iida or Todoroki rather that name was special to her. 

She was always called Subject X back in the facility. She'd never tell this to anyone but she was silently jealous of the people for having their own names back then. That was what opted for her to name herself in the first place. 

She had come across the words in one of the textbooks given to her while studying one time and had secretly started calling herself that. The only one who knew of this was her instructor. To who knows why he never seemed to mind that she had named herself. Though he still called her Subject X there were those rare moments that he would address her by her name.

Miyasaki sighed, none of the people around her knew of that of course. 

After Midoriya sat down, Miyasaki quickly scribbled her name and stood up to present it to the others. It read 'Miyasaki'. It was a play between two words: Miya and Saki. Miya meant Beautiful and Saki meant Blossom/Hope. 

She locked eyes with Midnight who initially didn't get it but when she thought it over, a smile grew on her face. 

"Alright!" She approved, flashing Masuyo a warm but knowing smile which Masuyo returned. She snuck a look towards Aizawa who looked tired as hell but had a hint of a smile on his lips as well. Even though his eyes were shut, she knew full well that he was listening. An unknown feeling settled on her stomach but it wasn't in a bad way. She shook her head and settled herself in her seat once again.

Midnight's smile got dampened when Bakugo presented his name again. The only difference was that he replaced 'King' with 'Lord.'

Lord Explosion Murder

Miyasaki laughed out loud again as Midnight rejected it once again.

--------

"Now that everyone has decided on their hero names, we'll go back to talking about the internships. They will last for a week. As for where you'll have them, those who had offers from pros will be given your own lists, so you can choose from those yourself. Those who didn't have offers will choose from among forty agencies around the country that will be accepting our interns. They all work in different places and have different specialties."