17

Miyasaki stood between Midoriya and Bakugo as Class 1-A was inside the tunnel leading to the arena waiting for their cue to enter. She chose to stay away from Todoroki for the meantime.

She leaned into Bakugo's ear whispering, "By the way, I refused to make the speech as the representative of our year so it's all yours." Midnight had gone over her with this the other night and she flat out refused. She didn't like being seen in front of so many people much less talking in front of them.

"Why the fuck are you only telling me this just now?" Bakugo growled at her annoyed before shaking his head, "Nevermind. I'll think of something."

"I know you will," She gave him a small smile before focusing back on the event. As if on cue, she heard Hizashi's loud but ever so energetic voice through from outside the doors.

"Hey!" Present Mic showed up on the big screen inside the arena. The crowd went wild with the excitement of today's prospecting events, "Pay attention, audience! Swarm, mass media! This year's high school rodeo of adolescence that you all love, the UA sports festival, is about to begin! Everybody, are you ready?!"

Taking the cue, they all walked out as Present Mic introduced them to the world. Once they step foot inside, the crowd gave another roar of excitement.

Miyasaki took a deep breath and drowned out the noise. She really wasn't a fan of making a spectacle of herself. Hearing Mic's voice was of small comfort to her. It was a reminder that she wasn't at that place anymore, that things were different. 

She scanned the crowd in search of a particular flame hero. Her eyes settled on the familiar figure sitting in the audience but he hadn't noticed her yet. Endeavor was solely focused on his son at the moment. He looked different from when she had last seen him. He seemed more... cold now compared to back then.

After all the classes were introduced, the students went to gather in front of the stage where Midnight stood, breaking Miyasaki out of her thoughts. While walking, she met eyes with Hitoshi who looked like he was ready for war, which he was - against her class. She sent him a small nod before mouthing 'good luck' to him. 

She saw the corner of his lips twitch. He was stopping himself from smiling and it amused her. When they finally reached the gathering point, Midnight drew the attention of the audience with her R-rated hero costume. As her peers got distracted, Miyasaki's eyes drifted to Bakugo before settling back on Midnight. 

Midnight saw her in the crowd of students and winked flirtatiously at her before announcing, "Representing the students is Bakugo Katsuki from Class 1-A!"

"Eh? It isn't it supposed to be Miyasaki-san? Didn't she finish first in the entrance exam?"

They all looked back to where Miyasaki was standing. She gave them a shrug and an innocent smile but didn't bother answering their question. She heard someone let out a loud irritated sigh. It came from a girl from the General Studies class. She rose an eyebrow at them as they glared at their direction.

They hate us.

Bakugo finally reached the stage and stood before the microphone. Miyasaki smirked, already predicting what he was going to say.

"I pledge... That I'll be number one." He said bluntly. The class freaked out while Miyasaki laughed out loud. The crowd of students, however, were enraged.

"Ah, how predictable." She wiped away fake tears from her eyes. She ignored the glares that were sent in her direction from the other classes. Miyasaki got the feeling that he was forcing himself into a corner. Not that it was a bad thing. 

She watched as Bakugo didn't give a single fuck about what they thought and gave him a thumbs-up, "Good job in riling everyone up, pomeranian!" she said as he went down the stage and returned to his spot next to her.