14

Classes had resumed and 1-A couldn't help but feel the absence of a certain classmate of theirs. The one that was supposed to be sitting in the empty seat next to Midoriya. They hadn't seen a trace of Miyasaki since the incident at USJ and it was quite worrisome. 

Aizawa had announced the other day that the sports festival was coming up in a few weeks. He made it clear that a few villains showing up is not enough reason to stop the event. All of them somewhat agreed and started training in their free time.

It was currently their homeroom and Aizawa was in front, as usual, addressing the class for today's activities. 

"Aizawa-sensei..." Midoriya raised his hand suddenly, interrupting him. 

"What is it Midoriya?" Aizawa asked tiredly. He looked annoyed and impatiently waited for him to speak.

"I-I'm sorry to interrupt but is there any news about Miyasaki-san?" He looked genuinely troubled by his friend's absence, "We haven't heard about her for a while... I... I'm really concerned." 

Aizawa visibly stiffened at the mention of her name. Everyone saw this and exchanged worried glances with one another. 

When Aizawa had woken in the school clinic, the first thing he noticed was that his injuries were healed. Remembering the events in USJ, he made to leave so he could go talk to Nezu and ask about Miyasaki but Recovery Girl stopped him and told him what happened. 

He hadn't realized at that time but his feet moved on its own and carried him to the hospital right after Recovery Girl broke the news to him. He saw Nezu with Toshinori, Hizashi, and Nemuri. They were standing outside the observation window that let them see through her room. He couldn't bring himself to speak as he approached them. He quietly turned his head to see that Masuyo in the hospital bed, covered with bandages from head to toe.

He remembered vaguely the conversation that he had with Nezu when he told him that it wasn't his fault. But seeing her like that felt like it was. He blamed himself for letting it happen and apologized for it. Frustration built up inside of him whenever he remembered his promise to protect her moments before the incident occurred. He did his best to act professionally in front of the students but inside, his guilt ate away at his conscience. 

Seeing her like that brought him to the edge but he was careful not to let anyone in on what he was feeling. For the sake of his students and himself. He didn't need a bunch of teenagers worrying about him. They have been through enough at the moment. 

"Sir? Are you alright?" Yaoyorozu asked from her seat. He had gone quiet for a good few minutes. He snapped back to reality as he gazed at them. He looked more tired than ever.

"Miyasaki is still in the hospital. She's still unconscious and recovering from her injuries from USJ as we speak." He finally gave them an answer. 

"I see..." Midoriya looked forlorn. 

"When will we be able to visit her?" Surprisingly, Bakugo spoke up. He had taken the wheels after seeing Deku's forlorn look. He didn't say it but he was worried over Miyasaki as well. Something about her was drawing him in. Ever since their first class with All Might, she had been constantly on his mind and it annoyed him. He couldn't figure out why he was so bothered by her. She looked painstakingly familiar to him but he didn't know why.

"You know we can't at the moment-" Aizawa was cut off when the classroom doors suddenly opened harshly, drawing everyone's attention away from him. 

"Eraser!" They all turned to the source. Three teachers stood there panting, looking as though they had run to the classroom which they did.

"What's the meaning of this?" Aizawa demanded as he glared at Midnight, All Might, and Present Mic. They took a minute to catch their breath.