Prologue

During the night of November 1, 1981 most of wizarding Britain celebrated. They were celebrating the fall of a dark wizard. This dark wizard happened to be the most powerful Dark Lord of the last 500 years. They cheered for the saviour of the wizarding world but not once did they spare a thought towards the young baby who paid a price so dear, it would change the world.

Not once did a person think of the poor orphan being left on a doorstep. Not once did they think of the little girl who had lost her family.

It was on that night that Albus Dumbledore left the girl on the doorstep of her aunts home. Dumbledore, who was considered the greatest wizard since Godric Gryffindor, was confident in his placement of the child. He believed being raised by family was the only option for this particular girl. It was best if she grew up away from the fame she was sure to gain. He hoped that by the time she came to hogwarts, she would rely on his guidance. In his opinion nothing could possibly go wrong.

It would take 10 years for Albus to realise how wrong his plan would go, and a few more after that for him to really see how wrong he was when it came to dealing with the young Calliope-Rose Potter.