Chapter Seven- Shopping (Trunk)

She took out the letter that contained her school supplies and inspected what it was that she needed. Most items seemed rather bulky and awkward to carry around so she decided that her first purchase would be a trunk. That way she wouldn't be annoyed by lots of bags.

Since she didn't know where anything was, she spent a while browsing the windows of each shop. This was probably the most interesting place she had ever been. Her favourite was the bookstore; she'd be several galleons lighter when leaving there that's for sure.

Eventually she came across a store named 'BAGS AND TRUNKS FOR ALL OCCASIONS' so she went inside. The walls were covered in shelves displaying various styles of trunks and bags.

Unfortunately she didn't know the difference, so she approached the counter to see if she could call someone to assist her. However, before she could, a man walked through a door that was situated behind the counter.

"I'm sorry; I was out back in the workshop. How can I help you?" the man asked in a friendly tone.

"it's not a problem sir," replied Calliope, maintaining a friendly and polite air. She didn't want to look to childish but she didn't want to be rude either. "I'm sorry for disturbing you. Do you think you could tell me what types of trunk you have? I was only told of this world yesterday and as far as I know one of them could eat me" Callie chuckled slightly at the end.

She hated to seem ignorant but she believed you need to admit weakness before you can move forward from it.

The man laughed and said "it's no trouble at all Miss, it's what I'm here for. Now I'm guessing you will want a trunk for your school things and a backpack for daily use, correct?" Calliope nodded and the man continued "The backpacks have all the same enchantments, you just have to design it. They are bigger on the inside and they have a lightweight charm on them. No matter how much you carry, it will always be lightweight. We have more variety with the trunks of course. We have basic which is one compartment that's bigger on the inside, students usually buy these. The model up from that has three compartments, students that are better off usually use these. This is so they can separate certain items. We also have two other models that are very rarely used by students. The compartments are the same as the three with the addition or a library or potions lab and an apartment. The final option has both library and potions lab, plus a second apartment."

Callie was intrigued by the five compartment trunk. She wanted to discover how an apartment could fit inside a trunk. "May I see a five compartment trunk?"

"Of course Miss. Come here." he led her to a trunk on the floor by the door he came trough.

As far as Callie could see it just looked like any ordinary trunk with addition of five gems on the clasp.

"This is a five compartment trunk. We can alter the outside to suit the client, this is just a base look I suppose. You see these gems?" seeing that Calliope nodded he continued, "well they each represent a compartment. If you press the first gen the first compartment will open." Calliope saw that it was a regular, bigger on the inside compartment. The shopkeeper pressed gem number 4 after closing the lid. This time when he opened it, Callie noticed shelves with a parchment and quill placed on top.

" Ah this one contains a library. The shelves that you see here are not the only ones available. When these get full, they will move to the bottom of the library and more empty shelves will appear. This library can hold up to five thousand books. The parchment on the top is tied to the library. If you have a few hundred books, finding just one or a certain group will be tricky. To make things easier for the client we added the parchment. All you have to do is write the name of the book or the author or anything that you're looking for and all those books will move to the top shelves. So, what do you think?"