6

A/N: ok but the dynamite teaser- thicc. if ykyk

You are seated on the front seat of Lucas's car, window rolled down as the roaring winds twirl in your hair and whistle in your ears.

Since people were either at school or work, the roads were pretty clear. The silence between you is a comfortable one, while you're gazing into the distance, his attentive gaze is focused on the road.

"How are your friends?" he speaks up after a while, and you're not sure if he asks in an attempt to spark conversation or he was generally curious.

"Friends, huh..." you mutter, reminiscing over the memories you once had with these so called friends. "Do they still count if they cut off all ties with you?"

"It's still that way...?" he sighs, tone glazed with sympathy. You both often shared problems or memories you experienced, so it was refreshing to catch up once in a while.

-

[Flashback]

"Damn, that's so cool! You really can hack into the school system?"

~

"Can you do us a favour? As friends?"

"Sure..."

"We're planning to bunk class tomorrow, so when Miss marks us down as absent, can you do your hacking shit and change so it looks like we're present? You're the best!"

~

"School lunch is so expensive! Hey...can you do something about it? The next time we scan our cards, make it like 10p"

~

"We're so broke, please help us! We're friends, right? Can't you like hack into the bank or something?"

"That's kinda..."

"Please, for the sake of our friendship"

~

"Y/N, you are now under arrest for attempted fraud"

"You guys will help me, right? We're friends-"

"I mean, you're not completely innocent"

"But I did it for you all-"

"My mum said I'm not allowed to be friends with a criminal"

~

"Y/N, what is the meaning of this?" your mother asks, tears streaming down her dampened cheeks. "I fought for your education for you to end up like this?"

"I'll be fine, don't cry mum"

-

So eventually, they all left you alone.

Attacked with betrayal and anger, you were left with no choice but to deal with everything alone. With fake reports and cases, you hacked into their system and eventually proved yourself innocent.

You learnt to enjoy your own company, fight your own battles as an independant individual.

As for your mother, she was only glad she got you back since you were an only child. Your father on the other hand, passed shortly after you were born. You used to stay with your mother and grandma, but moved away after you recieved your current job. The only reason you were bothering to work was for the sole purpose of providing for the only family you had left.

You snap away from your thoughts when the car stops with a halt. "We're here?"

"Yep" Lucas grins, his keys dancing at the tip of his fingers as you both leave the car. The moderately large institute looms over you, it's glossy tinted windows obscuring the movement inside.