18

The ominous messages flashes before your eyes before melting into the darkness of the screen.

"Damn" you blankly comment. "It's the death threat for me"

Despite the threats, at least this wonderful message helped you recall and confirm a few things.

You didn't have amnesia, and you had probably discovered something and got caught which led to them erasing your memories somehow. This was the only possible explanation you could think of.

And since they claimed they were 'watching you'...they definitely knew your location.

Someone had been inside your house.

But the question was, who? Did they break in or did you let them in? Did they mess with your equipment? How long were you unconscious for?

You now had no way of accessing through to V or J either. Your whole plan had come tumbling down like an avalanche; just when you thought things were going smoothly, due to unknown endeavours it all came crashing down into a pile of snow cold, bitter mess.

You had no choice but to continue life normally; at least until you recalled the missing gap from your memory.

-

9 AM

The frigid air clings onto your skin, your numb fingers gripping your coat to radiate more warmth. You walk through the automatic doors of your workplace, embraced by the warmth emitting out of the heaters above.

"You're back?" the receptionist questions, peering over her glasses. "It was pretty quite without you"

You're not in the mood to determine whether that was an insult or a compliment, so you just nod and proceed ahead.

"Lucas!" you call, noticing his figure lazily slouched on a chair. He perks up upon hearing his name, giving you a gentle wave when he notices you.

"Looks like we're back to work as normal, huh" he grins.

"Yeah, I expected you to...." your words trail off, head kind of throbbing as you feel a sense of deja vu.

Lucas tilts his head, peering at your troubled expression. "Expected me to what?"

"...scare me or something" you say slowly.

"Oh" he pops, eyes slightly narrowing as he observes you. "I finally gave up, I guess"

A little smirk dances on his lips, and your head throbs harder.

"Lucas...do you remember where I was on Saturday?"

"You told me you went to see your mum and grandma. Didn't you stay over there?"

"I see..." You did usually visit them on the weekends but...something didn't seem right.

"I'll see you around, I got somewhere to be" he ruffles your hair, breaking you from your daze as he leaves the premises. You wanted to ask him about a few more things, but since he seemed to be in a hurry you let him be.

You smack your throbbing head. "What are you trying to tell me?"

-

Since your computer at home was hacked and blocked, you decided you could still use your work computer like you first did when you got through to V.

You enter the cubicle of your mini office, slumping onto your swivel chair. Shoving the scattered pieces of paper to the sides, you face the screen in all seriousness.

And that's when your gaze drifts to the sticky note attached.

Under maintenance, will be fixed soon