ix.

Intimidation
Kisuke Urahara

"Hadō number 33, Sōkatsui"

Ichigo didn't have much time to react as Gaia unleashed a pretty weak attack. Blue fire extended from her palm before rushing towards him and knocking him into some nearby rubble.

"Now Ichigo, do not underestimate your opponent. Just because they aren't using a weapon doesn't mean they aren't a threat!" I teased. The dust cleared enough to where I saw the shining reflection of his zanpakuto that he used to block her attack.

I managed to hear a low chuckle come from him which was equally greeted with Gaia's laughter. He was entertaining her. Someone new to fight, and someone fresh to teach as well.

"Think fast Kurosaki" she smiled, "Hadō number 4, Byakurai."

A bright bolt of lightning charged toward Ichigo, which he dodged effortlessly. Immediately after, he sprinted towards her with his zanpakuto extended at his side. When in front of her he swung with probably everything he had in him. There was an explosion from the impact and we all struggled to see the outcome.

When everything settled, what we saw actually shocked us. Though nobody was more intimidated than Ichigo, whose sword was stopped with a single finger. Gaia glanced down at the enormous blade, and her index finger pressed against its edge.

"You cannot cut me down with this sword Ichigo." She uttered. As she pushed the blade away from herself, the force sent the poor new Soul Reaper tumbling into a nearby mountain.

"Woah she's going to kill him at this rate Mr. Urahara!" Jinta yelled running towards the crater.

"Leave him! Everything is under control. Isn't it" I said staring at the girl beside me. I saw a smile creep onto her face and she nodded. No harm would come to Ichigo, after all, he was her nephew in the end whether he knows or not.

Jinta stood still as Gaia passed him giving him a pat on the head.

"Ichigo if you want to save Rukia Kuchiki, you need to beat Soul Reapers at Captains levels like Byakuya Kuchiki" she stated. Ichigo sat in the rocks bleeding from his head, arms, and shoulder. He used his zanpakuto as a crutch to stand up before looking at Gaia.

"In other words" she continued, "If you plan on doing that, you need to be able to land a scratch on me in the next four days."